Your Avatar- What Does It Say About YOU?

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:05 am
I usually use my sign language avatar. I switch occasionally but always come back to the original.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:11 am
I've put various things on Rosie but it's been Rosie for a while.

A problem I had early on is that my participation here is so varied that it was hard to come up with an avatar that "matched" -- I didn't want something cute and cuddly for when I was arguing in politics, and I didn't want something mean and scary for when I was giving parenting advice. Rosie seems to encompass a lot of those various attributes.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:11 am
I chose mine because I couldn't get the little cartoon movie thingy of a boomerang chopping the guys head off to fit.

This was on the same site.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:16 am
Oh! I meant to add that I really like djjd's current avatar. When I was a kid I lived in the same neighborhood as Gailard Sartain. He was so funny.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:20 am
Figure mine is rather self-explanatory.
It also highlights my laziness.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:22 am
Letty wrote:
Frankly, Phoenix. I don't want to fool around with changing my avatar, because I'm afraid that I'll screw up. <smile>

I think we should help Letty out with a new one. This one doesn't do her justice. :wink:
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:22 am
boomerang wrote:
Oh! I meant to add that I really like djjd's current avatar. When I was a kid I lived in the same neighborhood as Gailard Sartain. He was so funny.

you're the second person to say that, but that's not who it is

it's a young john camdy from his sctv days, as a character named billy sol hurok (see my sig)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:23 am
Gargamel was my abuzz name--also the name of the human villain from the cartoon "The Smurfs." I started out on abuzz with an interest in provoking other members, causing mischief, etc., and Gargamel seemed to embody that interest. Many of my responses were cartoonish and exaggerated. Still are, often.

So, Kool-Aid guy is consistent with a cartoonish/caricature persona I'm fond of. It's also totally dumb. I think it's funny to make use of the useless dregs of pop culture floating around in our subconscious. I think it's funny that some people in Kool-Aid's marketing department once sat around a table for hours and hours, sweating over a really bright idea for a mascot. And the best thing they could come up with was a ******* pitcher of Kool Aid. With a smile on it. And the idea was that he would "really cool."

I've always laughed at what the uncool deem cool.

Read my profile. It doesn't make much sense, I know. But I think it contains the essence of chaos and bafoonery that draws me to this site. It matches my name and avatar in it's own weird way.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:23 am
I like to change my avatar alot. It always reflects the style of music I like. It was Taking Back Sunday, now it's The Futureheads. It'll probably be different in the next couple of days.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:24 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
My previous avatar......

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/rb.jpg

....didn't seem to portray the boyish charm, nor the underlying throb of virility that was required to woo the ladies that frequent the kitchen related topics.

I think the old one was better, Ellpy.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:28 am
I'm with CD. I change mine a fair bit.

In today's avatar, I'm......swell.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:29 am
Weeeeeelllllll okay, djjd.

I like John Candy but he is no Gailard Sartain.

Who else thought so? I'd probably like that person.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:39 am
sozobe wrote:
I've put various things on Rosie but it's been Rosie for a while.

A problem I had early on is that my participation here is so varied that it was hard to come up with an avatar that "matched" -- I didn't want something cute and cuddly for when I was arguing in politics, and I didn't want something mean and scary for when I was giving parenting advice. Rosie seems to encompass a lot of those various attributes.

Exactly why I switched from using my daughter. Still looking for the "perfect" avatar, however.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:40 am
Reyn wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
My previous avatar......

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/rb.jpg

....didn't seem to portray the boyish charm, nor the underlying throb of virility that was required to woo the ladies that frequent the kitchen related topics.

I think the old one was better, Ellpy.

Or perhaps an update to this saucy minx.

http://www.cfjmfg.com/storage/rag/mt.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:52 am
boomerang wrote:
Weeeeeelllllll okay, djjd.

I like John Candy but he is no Gailard Sartain.

Who else thought so? I'd probably like that person.

It was me, of course.

See, dj? I toldja he looked just like Gailard.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:20 pm
I should have know it was you!

He does look just like Gailarid.

On boring days we'd go play in his yard. Sometimes he'd come out with a flashlight (in broad daylight) and chase us around yelling "Get out of my yard!" and pretending he couldn't see us in the dark.

Of course, we lived for Mazeppa.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 01:41 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I think Jes said something about a border collie. To someone who knows dogs, that remark would be a bit confusing! Laughing

Well, at the time, I was a border collie. Now I'm a sleepy Bahstin terrier. I'm sleepy and I'm in Bahstin. So it works. Smile

Oh, and I'm married to a green hot pad.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 01:43 pm
jespah wrote:
Oh, and I'm married to a green hot pad.

We all have our crosses to bear! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 02:26 pm
I used to be a Rack o'Bones in tennis shoes with a cork-loaded Uzi.

Then my son offered to help me adapt the Fool from the Waite-Rider Tarot deck.

The Fool symbolizes the beginning, the end and that which cannot be scheduled. The Fool embodies both folly and wisdom, madness and sanity, carelessness and insight.

I adore symbols.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 02:28 pm
Plus that's a great outfit.

Reyn, yours looks like you're selling coffee in '50s TV.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:13:01