Your Avatar- What Does It Say About YOU?

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 07:53 am
I have noticed something that I find interesting. On A2K, our avatar becomes part of our persona. Often, when I look at a thread, I see the avatar, before I see the name of the member.

That led to a very interesting happening for me, the other day. I was looking at a post, and saw an avatar that was familiar to me. When I looked at the post, I felt that something was awry. The writing was not consonant with what I had come to expect from the person with that avatar. Then I notice that another person was using the same avatar, and I understood my confusion.

There are some people who pick one avatar, and stick with it, and it does become part on their online persona. There are others, who change avatars as often as some women change their handbags.

When you come across a new member of whom you know little, does his/her choice of avatar have any effect as to how you relate to that person? Are there any members whom you avoid, because there is something in his/her avatar that you find aversive?

Why did you pick YOUR avatar? Is it the one that you always have used, or do you change it frequently? Does it have any special meaning for you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,278 • Replies: 251
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 07:57 am
I really should change my avatar and often as well. some people are beginning to think of me as some sort of southwestern cowboy or something like that.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 07:59 am
I'm very, very attached to my half face. And to the other part as well.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 07:59 am
I've just been lazy and haven't changed mine for a long time.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:02 am
My avatar is just me .... nearly exactly on year ago.
I've had two different avatars before, I think.

Lots of interesting answers to this question are to be found on this old thread as well.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:04 am
It's really interesting that you brought this up.....

I have had this one now for some time. I used to be a switcher-upper but recently feel that the cheshiere cat best reflects me at this time.

You'll notice I chose the Disney version of him. The original cat was kinda freaky looking and the Disney version is cute and cuddly. You want to just hug him.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/07/Cheshire_Cat_Tenniel.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9c/Cheshire-Cat-Disney.jpg/180px-Cheshire-Cat-Disney.jpg

He's kind of funny, wry, crazy, silly and mysterious and he just accepts that he is how he is: mad. Very Happy I have always liked him.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:07 am
Walter- The old thread may not make a lot of sense to people. When You change your avatar, apparently the one that you are currently using goes on all your posts. So a person may be writing about an earlier used avatar, while the current one is showing.

I think Jes said something about a border collie. To someone who knows dogs, that remark would be a bit confusing! Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:10 am
Bella Dea- A perfect example. The first cat (in black and white) has a somewhat evil look about him. The one that you use now is adorable.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:16 am
Bright, cheerful, handsome, and optimistic. That's why I picked Eeeyore.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:16 am
Eeeyore is so sad all the time, Roger! :wink: But cute....definitly cute.

He was and still is my favorite Pooh character.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:22 am
lately my choices have all been what I consider beautiful woman.

but they are more than that....

None of them have been flash in the pan women, and they all have so much more going for them than just their physical appearance.

none of them are particularly young, and even more than beauty exude a sense of self worth (well, all except for Rita Hayworth, but she had really tough going)

Some of them have large breasts, (Dolly & Jayne Mansfield) and I picked them because they say "yeah, I'm sexual, but I'm also smart, can't you look beyond the physical?"

My current, Bridget, I honestly don't know that much about, and have never been a fan. But, I do know that she stands for her convictions.

I don't pick any woman from today, as I feel it would be for the next generation to decide who had beauty and character.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:25 am
Frankly, Phoenix. I don't want to fool around with changing my avatar, because I'm afraid that I'll screw up. <smile>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:27 am
Bridget Bardot always looked best wrapped in fur.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:33 am
Is Bridget Bardot related to Brigitte Bardot?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:34 am
Whatever.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:37 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XADvAvoc8m0KX7jcaBIiA73xVlsPYV6kge86nCXFgHCRDxpqkdmFanbc86JtqOtZ04XishUYIx5GV3Q3p7klT8IuUrxygeMKEpWf3RJmCryKYdlcAkgw6KM24VmCBl!iQO1IRqJXJSA/a%20Bardot.jpg

I don't think that Brigitte Bardot would be caught dead in fur. Isn't she involved in saving animals?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:40 am
My point exactly.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:40 am
The Brigitte Bardot Foundation is in favour of pet and wild animal protection in the world - "Fur Free World"
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:43 am
Yes, and with Extreme Right also...

But she sued a neighbor who had a donkey whose intent was to "court" her jenny...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:44 am
Mine says that I'm a fabulous chick!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Your Avatar- What Does It Say About YOU?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:17:58