The women out there might like this

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:08 pm
sozobe wrote:
We live in an old house. We were cleaning up the basement and found a newspaper article about how to keep your wife in line, or something, from the 50's or 60's. Pretty amazing. Shocked

That's awesome. Post some quotes. I remember a supposed article from some magazine that's floating around the internet like that. Tells you to keep the house clean, and always greet your husband with a smile because he works hard, ect.

Of course, take your time studying to become a good little woman.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:10 pm
Magazines were full of all that...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:11 pm
They probably still are over in Russia.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:16 pm
I don't know from Russia. The only russian I've met, I met at a dinner party, and that was a while ago. She was a flight attendent, quite the feisty woman. I have a faint memory of thinking she was nuts.

Oh, yeh, and then when a bunch of us from a2k were in SF a couple of years ago, we were taken on a wild taxi ride by a russian driver. He was great. He and jjorge talked poetry as he flew us up and down hills.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:24 pm
Here we are.

July, 1963.

[b]Husbands Must 'Tame The Shrew' in Wives to Keep Authority[/b] [Photo of a stern, 60's guy with a creepy little mustache. Very Onion.] CASE Q-408: Terry T., aged 21, has been dating a coed for a year. "Dr. Crane," he protested, "I have treated her like a ueen on all occasions. And I do everything in my power to please her. "Thus, if she doesn't like to watch a baseball game but prefers to go swimming, I always give in to her. "Yet she treats me like dirt and often will jilt me for some other guy who is rough and selfish. "So how can I win her as my wife? I love her, and I really think she loves me, but she refuses to accept my engagement ring." SHAKESPEARE was one of the foremost Applied Psychologists of all time. So read his fascinating "Taming of the Shrew." Sooner or later almost every woman must be batted around a little by her sweetheart or else she will lose respect for him. It is the overindulged adult woman who tries to browbeat her husband into waiting on her, hand and foot. And the more he meekly submits to her whims, the more disdainful of him she secretly becomes. FOR THE average girl has grown up with brothers. They took no "guff" from her and often selfishly imposed their will on her by their superior masculine strength. So the usual adult female has a subconscious "image" of a normal male as a person who imposes his will at all times, just by sheer muscular force. NOW I DON'T want some of you men to mistake what I am urging, for most men are already too rough and selfish. But there is a goodly minority who romanticize about the girl they really want to marry, so they may lose her by giving in to her every whim. It may take only one showdown between a man and woman to teach her respect for his superior strength. THEREAFTER, he may give her plenty of rope, buut she always knows who is boss. So send for my "Tests for Husbands and Wives". [contact info]

(Filling up the rest of the column space is a blurb about "Birch Society Shows Increase in Income"...)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:32 pm
So even way back in the day...nice guys finish last. The wussy never wins.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:38 pm
I think it's more like, way back in the day they thought this stupid-ass stuff and we've progressed beyond it... right?

(Is it just me or is he [creepy Dr. Crane] advocating domestic violence?)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:46 pm
sozobe wrote:
I think it's more like, way back in the day they thought this stupid-ass stuff and we've progressed beyond it... right?

(Is it just me or is he [creepy Dr. Crane] advocating domestic violence?)

Wrong. You wanna go, woman?

Yes, it sounds like he's implying a smack here and there can "set her straight."
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/200000/204600/204601/Products/5887165.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
That's what I thought. Yoiks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:54 pm
<stand by your man, no matter what, melody to follow...>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:58 pm
I should add that I am lucky, if not always, mostly not to have had to deal with that kind of straighten her out type of stuff myself. I don't have a lot negative to say about men in my life.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:02 pm
Sweet! Beer soaked chicken.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/04/2024 at 11:14:33