The women out there might like this

benadam

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:34 pm
 Why Women Cry

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said:

"When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world,

yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,325 • Replies: 32
No top replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:39 pm
Quote:
The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

What if she's blind?

What if she is wearing goggles?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:43 pm
Heh.

I'm predisposed towards liking it -- I'm the "We Can Do It!" gal after all -- but I don't like that whole "tears are just for women" thing at all. (Or the "All women cry for no reason" thing -- I specifically passed up a thread about that here recently 'cause while I cry, it's always for a reason.)

Everyone needs to cry sometimes, it does a disservice to men to suggest it's unmanly or whatever.

OK, I don't like the "strength to carry her husband through all his faults" thing, either. (HE can fix his faults.)

Hmm, the more I read, the more there is to dislike...!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:45 pm
I'm with you Sozobe, speaking as a woman - this sounds like the stuff I hear on some of the religious channels. It puts women on a pedestal while lighting a fire at their feet.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 01:23 pm
yeah.
the sentiment is .. ehh.. ok..
the meaning to me is that women are supposed to do everything and say nothing.

sad.
0 Replies

benadam

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 02:47 pm
I think you are all analysing it too much.

No where does it say that men dont cry just that women cry more often than men and for more reasons.

Nor does it say that the woman does everything without help from the children or the man.

Look at your lives, most women are and do, one or all of what is said. I think it shows the emotional strength of women.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 07:39 pm
I was going by this:

Quote:
And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed.

The rest of it doesn't really apply.

I cry, sure. Always for a reason, though.

Quote:
I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world,

I think I'm strong, yeah, but so is my husband.

Quote:
yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I think I'm gentle, yeah, but so is my husband. (Especially with our daughter.)

Quote:
I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth

There ya go. I, and I alone, gave birth. Yup.

Quote:
and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

Why will I experience this and not my husband?

Quote:
I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up

My husband's plenty stubborn and resilient, too

Quote:
, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I do this, but complain. ;-) My husband does it too.

Quote:
I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

Again with the children being mean to their moms thing. Dunno what's up with that, but all of that goes equally for my husband.

Quote:
I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

This one's pretty much completely bogus. He can deal with his own faults, I'll deal with mine, we'll help each other when help is needed.

Quote:
I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

What does this one mean, exactly? You'll always be sweet, but that husband of yours is gonna be a jerk 'cause face it, men are jerks, but stick with him anyway?

Quote:
And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

See above. "Exclusively"? Why?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 07:43 pm
You women need to stop bitching about this poem, get your asses back in the kitchen, and BAKE ME A PIE, GODAMMIT!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
Here you go, honeybun!!

http://www.123presents.com/images/pie-in-face.jpg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 07:47 pm
See, that there is the problem with you women these days.

I'm moving to Eastern Europe.

Where the men are men, the women are women, and the sheep are nervous.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 07:50 pm
I thought it went, the women are men and the men are sheep...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
It could go that way if you wanted.

That is, if you women were allowed to think on your own.

<snap! snap!>

BEER! NOW!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 07:59 pm
Here you go, honeybun!!

Wait, let me take it out of the chicken first; a little raw chicken never hurt anyone...

http://www.outofthefryingpan.com/recipes/images/beer.butt.chicken.lowering.jpg

(That's evidently a real recipe!!!)
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:01 pm
You mean you've never done that before?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:01 pm
Done obscene things with raw chickens and beer cans?

No.

At least not at the same time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:04 pm
To me the posted quote seemed like one of those internet palliative email-barraged missives that are nearly entirely saccharine except for the underlying rigidity of thought. It reminded me slightly of Reader's Digest back in the, oh..., fifties.

Baaaaaa!
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:05 pm
Well neither do I. It's not the butthole, it's just an incision you make in the bottom and it tastes really good once it's done. Seriously, I don't know what it is, it just tastes better.
We do it every Thanksgiving. I thought most people did that, you should try it sometime. It's finger-licking good.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:05 pm
We live in an old house. We were cleaning up the basement and found a newspaper article about how to keep your wife in line, or something, from the 50's or 60's. Pretty amazing. Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:07 pm
Isn't there anything dangerous about the ink or whatever? It doesn't seem like the outside of beer cans are made for this kind of thing...

(And the thread turns into a recipe exchange, appropriate enough I guess...)
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:08 pm
Did it mention the whips? Those work well. Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The women out there might like this
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/04/2024 at 10:38:31