Can music really effect a personals mental state?

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
Recently I began to look back at the past 20 years of my life and began to notice something. I have always been very passionate about music and I have known it had some impact/effect on me but was not sure to what extent. I've listened to everything from Gangsta Rap to Hard Core to Heavy Metal to Death Metal to Classical. I typically would listen to different musics when in a different mood or for a different purpose. For instance, Country music when I'm camping. Then I made a realization several times in the past; if I was in a good mood and happy and started listening to Korn or Marilyn Manson I would began to take on the feeling of the music, subconsciously. I noticed that this was evident and at times would spiral out of control to the point that my mood would began to reflect the music I was listening to even if I had no reason to feel that way. To this day I can turn on "happy" or "positive" music such as Presidents of the USA and will notice my mood and affect start to change. What does everyone else think of this??? Not necessarily in me, I'm more or less asking about your own personal perception of your experiences with music and the effect it has had on you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 719 • Replies: 7
No top replies

duce

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 04:20 pm
I like to start my day w/ something peppie or spiritual, it sets the tone for the day
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:34 am
Food feeds your body, Music feeds your brain.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:03 am
Music, more than anything else, dictates my mood at any given time. I don't even have to be listening to it. The song playing in my head is similar to the mood I'm in.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:13 am
John Tesh makes my life bearable.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:51 am
Vivaldi prevents road rage.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:59 am
Django Reinhardt cured my depression.