Didya ever just cry out of the clear blue sky?

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:21 pm
DrewDad wrote:
sublime1 wrote:
What kind of organisms are you reaching for LE?

I'm guessing here, but I'd wager it was a Horny Toad.

Well, you know how I feel about them horny toads.

Cry? Hmm, there was a while there when some commercials or TV shows would trigger it, and I had to step back and realize (a) it was often PMS-related and (b) it was because I was being emotionally manipulated. Since I'm more aware of that, now, I don't cry as much for things like that. I have, though, cried about things online, such as members' illnesses deaths or the deaths or illnesses of their pets.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:45 pm
Re: Didya ever just cry out of the clear blue sky?
Chai Tea wrote:
Remember how the IRS used to hire ogres and sadist to work their customer service line?

Then, it got noticeably better (at least to me) after they got their ass in a sling?

Well, I think I found the remaining ogre.

I just called to get a copy of a letter, and found myself talking to Eva Braun. I felt like I was on trail or something. I didn't pass her inspection I guess, and was condemned to hold.

When a normal person then got my call, I found myself saying about 2 words, and then.......Bwwwwaaaaaaa! Rickyyyyyyyy!

Anyway, I shocked the hell out of this other woman, and was able to compose myself

Normally, a wise course of action if you see me cry is to back out of the room, since the ninja stars will be flying soon.

This freaked me out though, Bwwwwwaaaaa! She scared meeeeeeee!

No, it's not "that time of month"

What makes you cry?

I especially want to hear from the mens.
Sorry to hear that CT.

I've had too much to drink right now to talk about what makes me cry. Another time maybe.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:51 pm
Certain pieces of classical music make me cry. Years ago, they used to make what they called "four handkerchief movies". I used to bawl my head off at them.

Years ago, there was a TV show called "Bride and Groom", where couples would actually get married on TV. I didn't even know these people, but I would cry my eyes out.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:13 pm
Re: Didya ever just cry out of the clear blue sky?
Chai Tea wrote:

What makes you cry?

I especially want to hear from the mens.

1. Really sad and/or romantic movies
2. When someone I love dies
3. Extreme anger/frustration/sadness (just hazy eyes, no tears on those ones)
4. Uncontrolable laughter
5. When something sharp gets in my eye
6. On things like graduation, my first child, etc., etc. ((life-changing things)no, I haven't graduated or had a kid yet)

I don't pretend to be a 'macho guy'. I cry, sometimes. Haven't in quite a while, but I know I could. Especially on number 5, that one hurts.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:26 pm
Ah, CrazyDiamond, you'll know you have graduated when you make a woman cry in huge wracking sobs, but she seems very happy.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:32 pm
"Didya ever just cry out of the clear blue sky?"

Yup
0 Replies

Mahealani

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:43 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I didn't even know these people, but I would cry my eyes out.

Wow...I'd love to have seen that! I guess ya got them back in all right though since you're typing and all that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:52 pm
I do cry at some classical music. I tear every once in a while at piquant circumstances, sad or happy.

Laughing has been a problem. I was playing tennis with myself in my early teens, bored out of my wits, batting a tennis ball against the garage wall, when I started laughing and couldn't stop. Hormones, no doubt. Or... whatever was in my mind at the millisecond.

I had some rage problems in my forties, which I now have no doubt were hormonal. They happened to coincide with very stressful work in a stressful office, at the time. There were a few times I took a bathroom break to rage or cry.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:48 pm
ossobuco wrote:
There were a few times I took a bathroom break to rage or cry.

I think I've scared my share of fellow bathroom stall neighbors by going in there to cry or punch the walls a few times. At least it got them out of there and on with their lives...I can't imagine what they might've been thinking, though.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:22 pm
Good reason for private bathrooms..
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:39 pm
Yeah, sometimes I cry out of nowhere. Certain ads (that I know are cheesy, but I can't help it). A really sweet gesture. Or for no reason at all.
When I get so mad, I can't talk, I'll usually find the tears coming on.

Y'know what's the worst? Crying after an organism w/ a man who you haven't slept with very many times. I hate that. I can recall a time, where I burst into wracking sobs, and I was thinking "OH no, he's gonna think I'm a nut job". And thinking that made me cry more, and laugh in between cries.

Oh boy.

Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:57 pm
Oh yeah, the good ol' uncontrollable laugh-cry after organism...been there! That's the exact reason it would happen to me too, thinking how nuts I must seem, and then that seems sooo funny, etc.... Smile Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:04 am
flushd wrote:
...Y'know what's the worst? Crying after an organism...

to save your blushes flushes...I know what you mean, silly emoticon deleted
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:55 am
I started tearing up (no crying just misting) last night when a commercial for a new Animal Planet special came on. Apparently, these two dogs have been passed around from shelter to shelter because of their "bad behavior" and now they are being taken to expert trainers for their last chance at beoming good dogs. **sniff** It's so sad!!!! Those poor dogs, who were probably made that way by humans, are now going to pay for it! **sniff**
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:58 am
When I was, what, 17-18, I would wake up because I was crying. Always happened in the morning, lasted a few weeks I think. Bloody hormones.

But generally, other than sobbing through some movies, I tend to burry things deep down and keep them burried in there. Instead of crying I let them gnaw and gnaw and gnaw away. I wish I could cry out of the blue sometimes, but no, I don't do that.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:27 am
That's by far the healthiest post I've seen on this thread.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
hmmm. is it?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 01:41 pm
Dagmaraka, I tend to do the same thing, but instead of letting the issues gnaw away, they're suppressed slowly like a fire running out of fuel. I think them through occassionally, come to terms with what has happened, and move on -- generally without telling anyone else that anything has even happened.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 01:48 pm
well, yeah. they don't gnaw forever, i resolve them sooner or later too, on me own. in fact, i must say i'm a generally happy person. no, content is the right word. more long lasted and leveled. musn't grumble at all.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:53:23