Shopping with Coupons/ Do You Like Them? Use Them?

djjd62

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:08 pm
the coupon in canada is a very rare thing, sometimes i'll pick up the detroit free press sunday edition and there will be two small flyers full of coupons rarely get anything like that in the local paper

i don't know if they still do but i also remember hearing ads for kroger when they would have double coupon days, 25 cents off became 50, i always thought that was a great idea
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:46 pm
I use grocery coupons (resenting that so many of the marvelous savings are for junk food) and shop sales.

So far this year I've saved more than $50 with coupons and "clipless" coupons and another 15% with the Senior Citizen Discount.

I keep track of this money in the check register when I make the Debit Card entries and every so often I buy myself something delightful.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:05 pm
here's a thought that just popped into my head. even without a newspaper, i get tons of junk mail every day, and some of them contains coupons, generally useless. anyway, i wondered if using such coupons contributes to the waste generated printing all that junk mail, or since the junk mail gets cranked out regardless of what i do with it, should i try & use it so there's some benefit from it to somebody?
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:06 pm
I use coupons all the time. My best was on a $250.00 order $210.00 in coupons.

However I can't ever remember going shooping. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:08 pm
djjd62 wrote:
the coupon in canada is a very rare thing

Yes, I agree. We used to get coupons years ago, but they seem to have dried up.

Even the grocery store have stopped issuing good one. They used to accept their cpmpetitor's coupons, but they no longer do that either. At least around here.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:46 pm
I don't have a cat and have no need for cat food or kitty litter--but the animal shelters can use the coupons.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:57 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I don't have a cat and have no need for cat food or kitty litter--but the animal shelters can use the coupons.

good point
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:00 pm
The Pet Valu near me has a spot where you can drop off pet food/supply coupons - or pick them up if you need them.

I regularly get little envelopes full of coupons here. Must be a regional/postal walk thing as Reyn and djjd don't seem to get the same thing.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:06 pm
Animal shelters aren't the only places that can use coupons. People shleters can use them too.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 03:09 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I regularly get little envelopes full of coupons here. Must be a regional/postal walk thing as Reyn and djjd don't seem to get the same thing.

Yeah, we get little booklets and occassionally envelopes of stuff, but it's never for anything good. Always crap we don't use.

When was the last time you saw grocery coupons? Long time here and we've got Safeway, Save-On Foods, Extra Foods, Real Canadian Superstore, etc.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:07 pm
What I like even better than coupons is that certain credit cards give a rebate. I pay off my cards every month, so interest is not a problem.

Some credit card companies give rebates on gasoline, medications and food. There usually is a limit for the year. When I use up my limit, I just take a different card, and start all over. For the last two years, we have gotten $300 each year in rebates!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:40 pm
Reyn wrote:
When was the last time you saw grocery coupons? Long time here and we've got Safeway, Save-On Foods, Extra Foods, Real Canadian Superstore, etc.

Last week. I've never heard of the stores you've listed.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 02:50 pm
Safeway has the card rather than printed coupons now. I use the sunday-peper ones a lot, and my safeway card -- I usually manage 25 - 30% savings.
0 Replies