SHYANN McCLURE / Is She the New Dakota Fanning?

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:05 pm
Shyann McClure- I'll bet you have never heard of her. But you might have seen her on the Welch's Grape Juice ads:

http://www.welchs.com/company/advertising.html#

You can see the ads that she is in on this site.

I usually don't pay attention to TV ads, but this little moppet has stolen my heart. What a personality! This kid really has something. For a five year old, this child has such presence, such a secure way about her.

I would bet that many offers for movies and TV roles will be coming her way.

Have you seen her on TV? What do you think? Does this kid have something special, or what???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,919 • Replies: 18
No top replies

husker

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:06 pm
have not see her yet but will keep my eye open
0 Replies

Mema

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 10:38 pm
Shyann McClure
I agree, the new face for Welch's spokes child is so fresh. So many of my friends have seen her commercials, and they all say their young children are in love with her. I saw her on a TV interview last month and she was so adorable. She speaks very well for a five-year-old.

I hope the best for Shyann with all her future adventures.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 06:53 am
Mema- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

aubrey777

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 10:24 pm
Directing Shyann.
What a find she was. She is so cute. I think she and the little blonde girl are the best of all the Welchs Kids.

It happens that I took a commercial workshop from the Director of Shyann's commercials. His name is Dennis Gallegos.

He is absolutely amazing with children and I believe he also directed the previous 4 Welchs Kids. While in his class he talked about Shyann and the production of the commercials. I remember he talked about how she was new to the business, but that she was a real trooper. He told us that she never quit trying and that her parents were very supportive.

I had the opportunity to help out as an actress in one of his Kid's classes. I was fortunate to witnessed first hand his amazing touch with children. I have never met a person that could have a child of any age smile the second he enters a room. Children fall in love with him instantly. His patients with children along with his teaching skills are uncomparable. Im sure that one of the reasons Shyann did so well was no doubt because of Dennis.

As I recall Dennis used to be a Special Educations teacher, so that would explain it all.! and if you think he's good w/ kids you should see him with adults we never stoped learning or laughing in his commercial class. Taking his class was one of the best experiences of my acting career.

I wish and expect great things to come from both Shyann and Dennis.

Sincerely
Aubrey

P.S. I just remembered Dennis also Directed the actor Ben Stein in those funny Clear Eyes commercials, which must also be like directing a kid... a real big kid. The one with the Donkey really cracks me up. Have you seen it?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:40 am
aubrey777- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Yes, I have seen some of the Clear Eyes commercials. Ben Stein plays it so deadpan............and it works.

The thing with Shyann is her eyes. She has tremendous expression in them, and already knows how to use them. Pity the poor boys when she is a teenager! Very Happy
0 Replies

julie0830

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
Shyann
Shyann is very good in the Welch's commercials. My son is only 17 months old and already has a HUGE crush on her. When her commercials come on, he stops whatever he's doing and watches her with a big smile on his face. It's hilarious!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:31 am
Looks to me like Phoenix has discovered the budding of a new star. I got the same feeling when Jake Gyllenhaal appeared in "City Slickers" and then in "October Sky."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:32 am
Don't understand why this got switched to Business and Marketing. I thought I checked in on this thread on the film forum.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:35 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Don't understand why this got switched to Business and Marketing. I thought I checked in on this thread on the film forum.

Lightwizard- Damned if I remember where I put this thread. I remember, at the time, that I was pondering if it belonged in one of a number of different forums. I thought that I might have put it in the internet forum, but I could not say for sure.

It used to be nice on Abuzz, that you could post your threads to three different forums, if they were applicable,
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:37 am
Hit the report button and request it be placed back into film -- that's where it belongs and that's where I found it just a few minutes ago.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:38 am
(A moderator should ask the original poster for permission to movie the thread -- it obviously doesn't belong in business & marketing).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:41 am
LW- I disagree. I tried to edit my post, but you answered in the meantime. I don't think that I had ever put it in the film forum. I don't think that it belongs in the film forum, .............................yet, although I think that in the near future, we may very well see Shyann on the silver screen!

Actually, it does belong in "Business and Marketing", as it does refer to an ad campaign.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:48 am
I think it belongs in film because the essence of the post is that this "star" of commercials could become a movie star comparable to Dakota Fanning. I think it could easily die in Business & Marketing but it's your thread so it's your call.

Go to the Film Forum and you will find it listed and also that it was MOVED.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:56 am
LW- Mea culpa. Damned if it WAS in film. Actually, now it is really in two forums, as you still can access it from the film forum.

OK LW, as a movie pro, who has seen a lot of stars come and go, what do YOU think of Shyann? Do you think that she has what it takes?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
Depends on how smart she is and how smart her family and/or manager is -- Dakota Fanning is incredibly smart and an actor that could easily transcend into a consumate adult actor. Personality and looks can get one along so far but the actor has to show some true brightness. Jake Gyllenhaal before he was even nominated for awards for "Brokeback" got the the great role in "Zodiac" of the investigative reporter. I think this will be his crucial turning point away from the teeny bopper idol and into the annals of our great actors. Of course, we also know he would just as well be a chef by his own admission!
0 Replies

Mema

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:35 am
Shyann McClure update
Found some new information on Shyann McClure. Check out website www.moviehole.com and another website I believe is Young Star News.com.

I guess she is going to the movies after all.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:11 am
Quote:
Shyann McClure Welch's Grape Juice newest spokes kid is picked to play Sandra Bullock and Julian McMahon's youngest daughter in the upcoming movie Premonition. The movies revolves around a woman (Bullock) who has a premonition that her husband will die in a car crash and sets out to prevent it. The movie is currently in-production in Shreveport, Louisiana.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060213i.php

It would be exciting if this kid became a big star, and I spotted her when she was five!
0 Replies

Mema

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 01:12 pm
Shyann
This will be interesting to see. I can't wait until the movie comes out next year. As you said in the beginning, she may be the next Dakota Fanning. Rock on Shyann!!!!!!!
0 Replies