SHOW A LITTLE TENDERNESS

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Thank you cyphercat! And thank you Brooke! Loe the flowers. I'm doing ok. I feel kind of silly actually. Do you know how tiny those little spiders are? Very Happy

Hey Momma- Those itty bitty spiders can do major league damage. Not realizing the implications, you were very fortunate that you mentioned it to some of us who were familiar with the havoc that those little buggers can cause.

While we are on the subject, other little critters that can do terrible harm to people are fire ants, that I first learned about when I moved down south. An attack of fire ants can cause severe neurological damage.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:47 pm
The Spiderbite Song
The Flaming Lips

When you got that spider bite on your hand
I thought we would have to break up the band
To lose your arm would surely upset your brain
The poison then could reach your heart from a vein

I was glad that it didn't destroy you
How sad that would be
Cause if it destroyed you
It would destroy me

When you had that accident in your car
That whole thing just really seemed too bizarre
Dodging holes and telephone poles through the dash
A million to one that you would survive such a crash

I was glad that it didn't destroy you
How sad that would be
It would destroy me

When you fell in love, it was so sweet
So devoted, completely swept off your feet
Love is the greatest thing a heart can know
But the hole that it leaves in its absence can make you feel so low

And I was glad that it didn't destroy you
How sad that would be
It would destroy me
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:52 pm
Thank you dagmaraka! I guarantee you, if there is an insect alive within fifty feet of my house, it's a miracle! We had the exterminator out and I have used up all the bug spray I could get my hands on!

Danged cats! They just want to play with the things. Can't convince them insects (spiders Twisted Evil in particular) are the enemy!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:53 pm
djjd62,

Awwwwwwwwww! Embarrassed So sweet.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:56 pm
I had one , on my butt cheek.
I could not sit down for 3 weeks. or lay down, or lay on my side..
oh good grief that was a hell of a time.

I feel ya dear.. I really do.

I hope all's well with that darn toe..

( did ya squash that little f-k-r of a spider?? Laughing )
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:58 pm
oh, how are cats with brown recluses? wouldn't it kill a cat? cats probably know which spider not to touch...or not?

<i LOVE that song!>
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:58 pm
shewolfnm you be nekkid to much LOL
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:01 pm
Phoenix,

We have plenty of those fire ants! I hate those things. I step in an ant hill and I start dancing in the yard! I keep fire ant killer on hand all the time.

Dagmaraka, I would imagine if the spider actually bit a cat it could kill them. I wouldn't know until it was too late I would imagine. But, so far, so good.

shwolfnm, thank goodness I got help right away. The wound is only about 1/2 in diameter and it's doing ok. Still a bit numb but no pain.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:18 am
MA,
Let me take this oppurtunity to tell you some things I've come to know about you in my short time on this forum:
You are a testament to resilience and faith in the S&R forum. You always protect your perspectives in a polite and honorable way. I applaud what you do daily in defending your views and your faith. I truly wish I was that faithful; in anything, really.
Keep up the good work.

I smile as I write this because I know that you always find time to thank every person who says anything nice to you. I know you'll probably thank me for what I've just said, there's no need, but that's just another of the things that makes you the good person you appear to be in the short time I've been here. Get well soon, and I'll see ya around. :wink:

-CD
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 10:47 am
CrazyDiamond,

I want you to know that your post means an awful lot to me. You are 16, right? I think you have said that you were. However, you sure seem to be a lot more mature than I remember being at 16. At 16, the only thing I really cared about was me and wouldn't have noticed much of anything about anyone. I am so glad that you are not like I was!

I am glad that you see my faith as you do. I can only hope and pray that God sees it in the same way.

Thank you again for the kind words! Laughing
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:34 pm
I wrote:
I smile as I write this because I know that you always find time to thank every person who says anything nice to you. I know you'll probably thank me for what I've just said

Told ya Wink ...
Thanks abunch though.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:36 pm
CrazyDiamond wrote:
I wrote:
I smile as I write this because I know that you always find time to thank every person who says anything nice to you. I know you'll probably thank me for what I've just said

Told ya Wink ...
Thanks abunch though.

Sometimes you just CAN'T teach an old dog new tricks. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:00 pm
husker wrote:
shewolfnm you be nekkid to much LOL

stop peeking in my windows...
Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:02 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

shwolfnm, thank goodness I got help right away. The wound is only about 1/2 in diameter and it's doing ok. Still a bit numb but no pain.

only 1/2 inch?
You lucky woman.
Mine ended up getting the size of a golf ball.
And - cover your eyes if you are squeemish-
The pus pocket that had the poison in it was removed and about the size of an asprin top.
Vomiting, dizzyness, diarrhea, you NAME IT.. i had it.

smart SMART move getting to a doc that quick!

now, get smarter and get better!!! ;-)
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:04 pm
Cheers MA, keep a close eye on that bite, those little bastards are nasty.

Cheers Set, for getting her to get on the phone and get that blasted thing looked at before her leg rotted off.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:05 pm
shewolfnm,

Thank you. It's doing pretty good today. The numbness is starting to lessen. Yeah, the pus thing, YUCK! But, I am doing what the doctor said to do and it doesn't seem to be getting worse. No heat from it or anything. Does look gross though. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:08 pm
Thanx Questioner,

I couldn't believe something so tiny could sting like that. I am so grateful Setanta inspired me to get help right away. I read what he posted about it happening to him and I am sure he saved me a lot of pain and misery with his advice.

Lash told me first it might be a brown recluse, but for some reason, Setanta's post scared Shocked me into action.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:12 pm
MA this place is quirky but in the end we all hang together.

If we didn't we'd probably hang separately. Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:14 pm
Acquiunk,

I have to agree and thank you. I learned a very valuable lesson from this. Very valuable.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 04:39:05