How do you see life?

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 11:08 pm
Is it a game, a puzzle, a journey, a battle? Maybe it's a circus or a ride (like a rollercoaster)? A test?

How do you see your life? Feel free to elaborate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 705 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:15 am
jesus this is so strange.

I was just thinking this very moment about other treads that asked similar questions as to meaning/purpose, etc.

Being totally frank, I get to feeling really inadequate and strange when I am asked to define the "why am I here" stuff. Not just here, but you know, when stuff like this come up anywhere.

Like I'm supposed to have an answer that's been thoughtfully considered and prepared. Geez, all these other people have meanings, I better start thinking one up too.
hehehe, it reminds me of being a little kid in catholic school, sitting in the pew, waiting for my turn to go into the confessional for the monthly purge. I'd be concentrating so hard on trying to come up with sins. "uh, I fought with my brother, uh, uh, 14 times (where did I come up with these numers?) uh, uh, I......"

Then, I come to my senses, and realize, quite honestly, I don't really care if I have some big purpose to life, or I really don't view it any particular way.

Life just comes at me, I take it as it is each day.

I guess I'm a Best Laid Plans of Mice & Men type of person.

Oh, as far as purpose of life.....a friend of mine who has lupus had one of those after death experiences once. At one point she was told, or whatever you choose to call it, that everyone has a purpose in life, but that doesn't mean they will know when they've accomplished it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:18 am
I get some time to have as much fun as I can manage to arrange.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:34 am
I see it as simply as the sperm hit the egg.
I was born, I will die, fill in the middle.
Theres no big question, no meaning to life, just live.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:04 am
But the middle part's by far the most interesting, mg, don't you think?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:36 am
Yep, its meant to be, ya just got to be the right kind of person to give yourself and others the best life.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:52 am
Re: How do you see life?
Stray Cat wrote:
Is it a game, a puzzle, a journey, a battle? Maybe it's a circus or a ride (like a rollercoaster)? A test?

Yes.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 11:00 am
Re: How do you see life?
Stray Cat wrote:
How do you see your life? Feel free to elaborate.

Its a succulent fresh green shoot to a cut oak wood... Full of Hope. Never giving up. No even when its dead.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
Well, whenever I'm going through a tough time, I think I tend to see it as a battle. But it would probably be better to look at it as a test. That would probably be a better attitude to have.

I always see the circus aspect of it. There are times I like to just sit back and enjoy the parade. The world is a wonderful, fascinating show.

Other times, I see it as a puzzle. It seems like I have some of the pieces fitting together, but I haven't got the big picture yet.

Maybe I/we never will. I also sometimes feel like Chai Tea does, that "best laid plans of Mice and Men" feeling.

It seems like as soon as I figure out the answers, they change the questions! Confused
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:21 pm
through jaded eyes...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:36 pm
I thought of you the other day, Bear. I was sitting in a Sunday School class, believe it or not. There's a guy in there who's a real hoot...thinks like you. (We get along great.) The discussion leader brought up the tired ol' "my body is a temple" schtick, and this guy says, "Well, I don't know about that. I've always thought of mine as more of a cocktail bar."
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 11:18 pm
I see life as a journey, full of lessons to learn, good times & bad, happiness, laughs, love, loss, family, friends and chocolate.

You can never have enough chocolate. :wink: Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do you see life?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 07:44:07