Town May Make Carrying Condoms Mandatory

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:14 pm
Anybody here planning on moving to Bogota? :wink:

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) - A western Colombian city councilman wants to require everyone in town 14 or older to carry a condom to prevent pregnancy and disease, outraging local priests.

William Pena, a councilman in Tulua, said Wednesday he will present a formal proposal to force all men and women - even those just visiting - to always carry at least one condom. Those caught empty-pocketed could pay a fine of $180 or take a safe sex course, he said. .........

Town May Make Carrying Condoms Mandatory
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 413 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:01 pm
Does Bogota happen to have a local factory?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:12 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Does Bogota happen to have a local factory?

I'm not sure about that, but I think that the local priests are outraged by this tells a lot.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
Reyn--

At least the general population is being exposed to the idea that sexual intercourse results in babies. What you don't know can hurt you.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 01:48 pm
Exactly. It's not necessarily a negative thing at all.

I wonder what happens if you're not carrying?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 01:51 pm
Although I am definitely for people using condoms, I think that the government,demanding that someone carries a condom, is a gross infringement of freedom.

What about a guy who has multiple partners? Does he have to walk around with a big box of condoms, hanging out of his pants pocket? Will carrying very large boxes of condoms become a status symbol amongst young men? Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 02:06 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Although I am definitely for people using condoms, I think that the government,demanding that someone carries a condom, is a gross infringement of freedom.

What about a guy who has multiple partners? Does he have to walk around with a big box of condoms, hanging out of his pants pocket? Will carrying very large boxes of condoms become a status symbol amongst young men? Laughing

The answers to your questions are yes, yes, and yes! :wink:

It might be an infringement of freedom, but what happens to potential unwanted children, or to those who spread disease?

There will always be those who shrug responsibility for their actions.

So, I wondering, are police going to random check those on the street to see if they're carring said condoms? Is there a fine involved if they're not, or.....
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 12:22 pm
Phoenix
I see a new industry here. The condom belt, pouch, carry-all.
Does Louis Vuitton know about this......?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Town May Make Carrying Condoms Mandatory
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:25:36