Rare Mozart Arrangment~Please Help

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:49 am
Okay.You all have no idea how many times I have typed this question over the past few months but here goes.I have an ultra rare recording on cassette of Mozart's Sonata in A major (Rondo Alla Turca) being played by a full symphony orchestra.I lost the cd years ago but lucky for me I had dubbed a copy.I have searched over 1000 links on Google as well as endless emails to the BBC,NPR,and numerous symphony's websites but still have not had any luck.Can someone (anyone!?) possibly direct me to the CD with this rare recording? I can't remember for sure but it seems like it came from a "compilation" cd with various composers and orchestras.Any help would be greatly appreciated.My poor cassette is on it's last leg.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 624 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:39 pm
Is this it? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000003F5C/102-3209921-4788146?v=glance&n=5174
0 Replies

chip gilleland

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:51 pm
No But thanks for trying
The piano version is the most common recording of this tune.Actually,a sonata is written for piano.No,this recording I am searching for is the same song but is arranged for an entire orchestra.I have seen an arrangment for a small chamber quartet but the version I'm referring to will make the hair on your neck stand up.Very powerful stuff indeed! It seems to be a very rare capture to say the least.Thanks
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:04 pm
Hmm, I bet you've already checked Amazon, but in case you haven't ... their search engine is not the best and you will do better with Google, but they do sell so much music that they're certainly a place to look. Also, local music shops, that kind of thing. Do you remember where you bought the CD originally? Hey, you never know, the place might have stock records, assuming it's still in business.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:19 pm
I checked iTunes.... Sarband has an album called Alla Turca, where they play with this one piece in various arrangements. One is for an orchestra, but it's also a small chamber orchestra. hmm, dunno.

then there is one by Fantasy Orchestra...which sounds bigger, but obviously fake.

Canadian Brass made a wind instruments version that is interesting.... but no, i haven't seen anything like you describe. but someone might pass by who will know.
0 Replies

bluesboy

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:46 pm
How about this rendition.

It came from this page
0 Replies

chip gilleland

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:28 pm
Thanks to all and here is a tip
I have a good feeling about this able2know site.It will be a matter of time before someone here finds it.The last link was to a performer named Lili Kraus.Whenever you see the title (Sonata in A major (Rondo All Turca) followed by a single persons name, you can pretty much bet that it is just another piano recording.Granted ,this song is wonderful on piano as well but I own several copies of that version.I hope it is still available to purchase.When someone here does find it,I stongly recommend gabbing a copy.Not only is this a rare gem but once you hear the thundering climax you'll be hooked.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:29 pm
Mozart "turned" 250 last week, Happy Birthday!
0 Replies