If I could have one thing in life

Wilso

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:38 am
It would be the ability to articulate my thoughts in the manner of Setanta, Farmerman, Timberlandko, Craven de Kere etc

Emotion and frustration often get in the way, but that's not the only excuse I've got.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 604 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:40 am
If I could have one thing in life it would be the ability immediately understand the feelings of others. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:44 am
I would like to have the wisdom and experience that I have now, but be thirty years younger! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:46 am
I would like to have the ability to spontaneously generate a meatloaf sammich at any time . . .

(Thanks, Wilso, that's very flattering, but it certainly would not be my place to say it is true.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:47 am
and i would love to have the wisdom and inner peace of a person who IS 30 years older.. Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:50 am
Phoenix - Which leads to the difference about owning a Ferrari:

- When you have the physical means to drive it, you do not have the financial means.

and the other way around....
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:50 am
Setanta wrote:
I would like to have the ability to spontaneously generate a meatloaf sammich at any time . . .

(Thanks, Wilso, that's very flattering, but it certainly would not be my place to say it is true.)

It's true. Have you ever considered writing a book? Have you already done so?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 10:11 am
I too appreciate your words Wilso, but as for me, Im an inch wide and a mile deep. Ive got specific training and experience that translates into a (sometimes) convincing argument because i use the stuff every day.
Set and Timber are just Rennaisance dudes, they always keep me reading.

To me, the best writer, bar none, is Joe Nation. No word is ever wasted or laid down to merely impress, hes all communication. I wish I could write half as well as Joe, Id write a book that dispassionately presents the history of a few sciences with which Im most familiar. I find that most science histories (other than pure textbooks,) are full of nuanced agenda, no matter what side.

One thing that Id like, Id like to have spent more time with my family in the younger days.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 10:16 am
farmerman wrote:
I too appreciate your words Wilso, but as for me, Im an inch wide and a mile deep. Ive got specific training and experience that translates into a (sometimes) convincing argument because i use the stuff every day.
Set and Timber are just Rennaisance dudes, they always keep me reading.

To me, the best writer, bar none, is Joe Nation. No word is ever wasted or laid down to merely impress, hes all communication. I wish I could write half as well as Joe, Id write a book that dispassionately presents the history of a few sciences with which Im most familiar. I find that most science histories (other than pure textbooks,) are full of nuanced agenda, no matter what side.

One thing that Id like, Id like to have spent more time with my family in the younger days.

If I could get someone to ask questions that relate to electrical work in steelmaking, I could probably produce some elaborate replies. Unfortunately, it's a rather narrow field Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 10:41 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I would like to have the wisdom and experience that I have now, but be thirty years younger! Laughing

Oh sure, Phoenix always picks the good one first. That's what I wanted to say! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:01 pm
I would like the ability to reach through my computer and slap all of you across the cheek. Bwahahahaha....

...and I don't mean the cheek on your face. http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/23.gif
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:49 pm
BBB
I wish I had missed the volleyball tournament during which I tore the cartilage from end to end in my right knee when I was age 36. My life would have been very different.

BBB
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:51 pm
farmerman wrote:
I too appreciate your words Wilso, but as for me, Im an inch wide and a mile deep.

Love it!!!!!

I,on the other hand, am a mile wide, and an inch deep....except on a few topics I really know about!

I yearn for more mental discipline so that I get a mile deep on more stuff.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 03:16 pm
CrazyDiamond wrote:
I would like the ability to reach through my computer and slap all of you across the cheek. Bwahahahaha....

...and I don't mean the cheek on your face. http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/23.gif

Weeelllll, you're a cheeky lad, aren't you? Shocked
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 04:13 pm
shall I dispense with em Mr Adder sir? E'd make a nice big splash in the moat.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 04:17 pm
Patience!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 06:06 pm
farmerman wrote:
shall I dispense with em Mr Adder sir? E'd make a nice big splash in the moat.

Yes, I think that would be appropriate, Baldrick!

And, if they survive, the crocodiles will get 'em. :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If I could have one thing in life
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/07/2024 at 03:22:27