Stones exceed Bowl gig age limit

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:47 pm
The Rolling Stones would be too old to watch their own Super Bowl performance, organisers have ruled.
Two thousand people will be invited onto the pitch to watch the band's half-time performance on 5 February.

But only people aged between 18 and 45 are eligible, US National Football League spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

Full story here --------->
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4584858.stm

Is it time the Stones faded into oblivion

The Who sang "Hope I die before I get old." but hey still make enough noise to wake the dead
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 562 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:56 pm
FADE INTO OBLIVION ??? ..........

It seems the public think otherwise......

THE ROLLING STONES BREAK ALL BOX OFFICE RECORDS IN NORTH AMERICA

The Rolling Stones' 2005 tour of North America is the most successful US concert tour of all time, according to US trade publication Pollstar.

The veteran rockers, on a jaunt promoting new album 'A Bigger Bang', broke their own 11-year-old record by selling $162m (£94m) worth of tickets, playing 42 performances before 1.2m people.

U2's 'Vertigo' tour came second, making $138.9m (£80.1m).

Celine Dion came third, having made $81.3m (£47.1m) from 155 dates during her residency at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, reports the BBC.

Sir Paul McCartney and The Eagles complete the top five, with ticket sales of $77.3m (£44.8m) and $76.8m (£44.5m) respectively.

The previous record for a US tour was $121m (£70.1m), set by The Rolling Stones themselves on the 'Voodoo Lounge' trek in 1994.

http://www.nme.com/news/rolling-stones/21847
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 06:08 pm
your right Lord E --------- now where did my younger years go, where did I go wrong. I had wine, women where both had body, but the song was always flat
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:36 pm
THE STONES FADE?????? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most influential rock band in the history of man (excluding the beatles), is just going to fade into oblivion??? I think not.
How can you say such a thing?!? It's a travesty!! It's treason!!!! Off with her head!!

*pops another ritalin*
whew, okay sorry, I'm good now.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:47 pm
Not really topical, but the comment about The Who caught my attention; I have 4 "The Who Farewell Tour" T-shirts - from 4 different "Farewell Tours" in 4 different - and non-consecutive - years. I dunno if any band has quit more often than The Who Laughing
0 Replies