Cops will enforce the beaches on tractors

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:52 pm
The obvious question: How will the cops keep up with them if the lawbreakers decide to run away?

Wouldn't a dune buggy or trail motorcycle be a more effective tool to fight crime? Rolling Eyes

Kelowna cops will enforce the beaches on tractors
Jan, 05 2006 - 11:50 AM

KELOWNA/CKNW(AM980) - Kelowna's latest law enforcement tool is going to be: a garden tractor.

If you break the law in a park or on a Kelowna beach this summer, you could find yourself being pursued by a garden tractor, equipped with police lights and communication gear.

RCMP superintendent Bill McKinnon, who says the garden machine can, if necessary, hit the city beaches to enforce the law. "We've purchased a gator, which is a John Deere garden tractor, and we'll have some members patrolling up and down the beachfront in the summertime on the gator," said McKinnon.

McKinnon got the idea from machines police use in Hawaii.

The Kelowna tractor should be in service in May and will be a national first.

http://www.enjoyhoriconmarsh.com/classifieds/miscellaneous/images/voy_01_large.jpg
I can't see it myself!

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 306 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:21 pm
I always knew that Gus was a great salesman. I bet he's made a fortune out of this!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:52 pm
Dune buggies and trail bikes have a certain amount of glamour.

Being apprehended by a garden tractor doesn't do much for a Sportin' Rep.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:55 pm
hehe, I think it would be downright embarrassing to be caught by a cop on one of those tractors! Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cops will enforce the beaches on tractors
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:20:26