Emails From Hell...

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:52 pm
This one girl who's email list I'm on has felt I'm special enough to receive her thoughtful and inspiring emails. You know, the powerful ones with magic Bill Gates powers. Foward this to your friends NOW and you won't wake up with AIDS.

Below is the original email from her today, and my reply to all underneath. No matter how many times I reply with stupid emails like mine, these people just don't seem to understand how retarded these notions are.

Yes, I could just ask politely to be removed from further emailings, but sometimes toying with them can be fun too.

ALL SO TRUE
As we grow up, we learn that even the one person who wasn't supposed
> to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken,
> probably more than once, and it's harder every time. You'll break
> hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll
> fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old
> one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll
> eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too
> much, and love like you've never been hurt because

every sixty seconds
> you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. So
> send this to all of your friends in the next 5 minutes and a miracle
> will happen tonight.
>
> Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot; who calls you back
> when you hang up on him; who will stay awake just to watch you sleep.
> Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead; who wants to show you off
> to the world when you are in your sweats; who holds your hand in front
> of his friends. Wait for the one who is constantly
reminding you of
> how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you. Wait for
> the one who turns to his friends and says, "..that's her."
>
> If you open this you HAVE to repost it, guy or girl. If I don't get
> this back I guess you're not my friend ... if you have a lot of love
> for someone ... copy and send this to your whole list and in five
> minutes, your true love will call or message you. Tonight at midnight
> your true love will realize they like you.
>
> Something good will happen to you at approx. 1:42pm tomorrow, it could
> be anywhere. So get ready for the biggest shock of your life. Send
> this to 5 people in 5 minutes to carry on the chain...and spare
> yourself the emotional stress. Be careful, (before you forward COPY
> AND PASTE, DO NOT JUST CLICK FORWARD)
>
> LOVE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

My response:

As we grow up, we learn that even Batman, who was supposed to run over that bully with his Batmobile, will probably let you down. Batman will break your heart, probably more than once, and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt, when Batman didn't save you. You'll fight with your best friend...and Batman won't be there to whoop their ass for you. You'll cry because you know the Batmobile is wicked fast, and you'll never get to ride in it. So laugh, take pictures of you dressed as Batman, and love life, like Batman would want you to. Send this to all your friends within the next 7 seconds, and maybe Batman will someday save you. 7...6...5....4...3...2...1...

Find a guy who calls you "woman" instead of hot. Who laughs to himself when you hang up on him, who will stay awake until you fall asleep so he can run out to meet his buddies at the bar and meet some women who aren't living a fantasy fairy tale. Wait for a guy that kisses your greasy, make-up covered forehead, who tells you how you look like hell in sweats, who holds your hands in front of his friends, then makes out with other women while you're in the bathroom.

If you've read this far, you like, HAVE to repost it, or you shall face dire consequences. Last week, Jenny from the block read this, and didn't foward this to 15 of her friends. As a result, she missed the after-holidays sale at Filenes, and didn't get 50% off the cashmere sweater she wanted. However, Billy from Arkansas DID foward this, and his favorite Nascar racer done won the auto race the next day.

HAVE GOOD MOSH PITTING!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,568 • Replies: 21
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:57 pm
HA!!

I get two categories of those things; the alarmist (and frequently Snopes-debunked) health warnings, and that ^^^^. I'm tempted to reply in kind next time.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:58 pm
Just remember when replying next time, "WWBD?"

(What Would Batman Do?)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:04 pm
thats too funny, I hate chain mail, I tend to ignore it, unless I am having really bad luck or it is wicked funny
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:13 pm
Match made in heaven, Slappy. She wants you.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:40 pm
I have a good friend who also thinks this stuff is gold, except she usually sends hers along with a few pictures that take 5 minutes to download.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:38 pm
this is the kind of stuff I can't even get 2 or 3 lines past. My eyes glaze over.

I couldn't read it here either, or your response.

I really hate that kind of poop.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:41 pm
What is even worse are the ones who send the E Mail to half the immediate world, where it had been forwarded from the other half of the immediate world, and all the E Mail addresses are included. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:46 pm
we must have the same friend GW....
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:52 pm
Unfortunately, I have four different people .....hmmm...all women, come to think of it, who send at least two of these every day.

Why?

More worrying is the thought that someone took the time to type the whole thing out in the first place.

Is it a woman thing? Do men send these lists?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:04 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
we must have the same friend GW....

Did you ever get the one with the cartoon of the angels that fly around and unfurl banners that say things like "believe in miracles"? That one took so long to appear that I made lunch, ate it and took the dogs for walk before it was finished.

Lord E.- I cannot defend my sex on this issue, women are far worse than men when it comes to sending emotional spam.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:11 pm
How do you think I feel when someone sends me one of those gushy, religiously oriented E Mails? I sort of get the impression that that person does not really know me very well! Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 06:17 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
this is the kind of stuff I can't even get 2 or 3 lines past. My eyes glaze over.

I couldn't read it here either, or your response.

I really hate that kind of poop.

She called the SH!T....POOP!!!

(anyone get that reference? hint: from a stupid comedy movie)

Lord, it's definitely a woman thing.

And I know why people send these. Because, they've got nothing to lose! LOLOLOOL ROTFLMA LLOLOLOLOL!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:03 am
Yeah, it's a woman thing.

I only know one guy who sends jokes and stuff via email. Fortunately, his stuff is almost always funny.

Actually, I forwarded one of his funnier ones to another guy I know, and since then, he'll occassionally ask me if I have any more.

The women though are the ones who send all the flowery crap that's supposed to have all this meaning and stuff.

Wow, thanks for thinking I'm so stupid I never considered this stuff before.

ooooo, love is just SO important.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:14 am
Quote:
The women though are the ones who send all the flowery crap that's supposed to have all this meaning and stuff.

Chai Tea- I rarely send the same thing to more than two people. Usually it is only to one, whom I deem the missive to be appropriate. I look with a jaundiced eye at someone who thinks that a message is "one size fits all"!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:22 am
oh I realize that. I select to I send stuff to carefully too.

I'm saying in general I know a lot more women than men that send out mass emails on stuff that is just a time waster.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:54 pm
emails from hell
Of course, you could always hit Delete - but that would spoil the fun of replying in kind occasionally.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 03:32 pm
I send out mass emails, but not often.

But when I do...it's something funny and not one of the emails you get 100 times over.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:54 pm
This came today for me and I thought I'd share.

Idiots.

^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^
> > >
8 angels are sent 2 you.
You must send them to 8 people including me.
In 8 minutes you will receive something you have long awaited for.
Have faith!
> >
> >
> >
> >Mary

Do people just not get it when I don't send this sh*t back???
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 04:21 pm
Bella, that's when you reply, "8 angels have been sent to you. 8 angels of...AIDS, that is!!!! Send this to 8 people within the next 3 seconds, or you'll get AI...OOPS! Too late!"

People get a kick out of stuff like that.
0 Replies