humor

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 02:34 am
I also love the art of the double entendre.

A female colleague once asked me for an example of a double entendre, so I gave her one.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:44 am
As I'm not quite familiar with double entendre, can you explain, LE?...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:04 am
Mais oui, mon ami.... avec plaisir.

A double entendre is an English idea, nicked by the Froggies back in 1415 at a place called Agincourt.

The Brit archers stuck two fingers up, pretending that this meant they were still able to use these to draw the bow string back, but really they were telling the French to go forth and multiply.

The French, ever willing to steal an idea (take the Blackpool Tower for instance, that was quickly spotted by some French tourists, while on holiday to enjoy the wonderful weather and superior food, who then took our idea back to Paris and built the Eiffel Tower) realised that it was a good idea to have something that could have two meanings, and voila! ...the double entendre has never looked back.

As you can see, I am a history professor of some reknown.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:11 am
And I see you are very much aware of what double entendre is...

However, I reckon your expertise in history..
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:13 am
Francis wrote:
And I see you are very much aware of what double entendre is...

However, I reckon your expertise in history..

.....and the phrase "gave her one", is a classic example of this art.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 06:11 am
But how good was it for her?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:53 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:

... but really they were telling the French to go forth and multiply.

Laughing

This made me laugh this morning. Classy. Just classy.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:17 am
sozobe wrote:
    CONSTABULARY NOTES FROM ALL OVER [i]From the Lewisboro (N.Y.) Ledger.[/i] A Flintlock Ridge Road man said he saw a bear in his backyard. Police could not find a bear when the officer arrived. Police said it was possible the man saw two turtles.

Shocked Razz Laughing
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:23 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Great to see you around again, Heev old girl. Where have you been, me little darlin' ?

I was practising hard for the fat-belly-dancing world championship. My navel is now implanted in my backbone but not to worry I didn't rupture myself. It's all good! I have sorely missed your hotness and will be now stalking you once again. Must find out who you have been cheating on me with while I've been gyrating myself into a frenzy.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:26 am
sozobe wrote:
    CONSTABULARY NOTES FROM ALL OVER [i]From the Lewisboro (N.Y.) Ledger.[/i] A Flintlock Ridge Road man said he saw a bear in his backyard. Police could not find a bear when the officer arrived. Police said it was possible the man saw two turtles.

<<shock>>
That's what I was described as while competing in the F-B-D competition!
1st: A Bear (I'll have to remember to shave my legs and chest next time)
2nd: Are those two turtles? (I'll have to re-use those coconut shells for something else and find a nice sparkly bra for my costume).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:39 am
Better two turtles in the hand than ten in the sea...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:41 am
Jesus Christ, am I hurting this morning. I am literally bleeding all over the place as I type.

I walked outside a few minutes ago to retrieve my two turtles which were presumably enjoying their morning stroll.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » humor
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 05:51:56