Manly Moisturizer Fits In Tool Chest For 'Working Man'

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:34 pm
Confession time, c'mon guys! How many out there, especially who have outdoor jobs, use a hand moisturizer? When I was meter reading, I used it a lot in the fall/winter. It helped a great deal.

Manly Moisturizer Fits In Tool Chest For 'Working Man'

POSTED: 2:44 pm EST January 2, 2006

SISTERS, Ore. -- Tara O'Keeffe said even the manliest of men needs a good moisturizer.

That's why the Oregon woman has created a moisturizer for the "working man" who frequents home-improvement stores.

O'Keeffe's Working Hands is oil-free, hypoallergenic, unscented and sold in cans that look like car wax containers. She now sells 500,000 cans of the lotion annually in the United States.

It's packaged in a fluorescent lime-green canister with tangerine print, a rubber grip and a holographic lid. The can is shaped like a hockey puck.

The product has no fragrance and fits right into a tool chest. O'keefe said it's green color "is manly" adding "Is it car wax? Is it boot grease?"

She said the product wouldn't work so well on a car but that many customers use it on cow udders and for sled dogs' cracked paws.

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 921 • Replies: 14
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:35 pm
I've never used that kind of stuff. It seems a good idea in theory, but doesn't seem to do me any good when I sample it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:37 pm
Edgar, they have products that are water resistent that are great for working outdoors, etc.

For best results, use at least twice a day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:42 pm
No thanks.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:52 pm
I use a moisturizer, but it needn't come in a manly can. The difference from one to the other is mainly the packaging and perfume.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:50 am
I'm sure quite a few men use hand moisturizers on the job, but for an entirely different reason than you're thinking of.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:16 am
roger wrote:
I use a moisturizer, but it needn't come in a manly can. The difference from one to the other is mainly the packaging and perfume.

Mine didn't either, although I don't like scented stuff.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:20 am
I've been watching with a combination of bemusement and sympathy as more and more self-improvement products/ services are marketed to men. (Men, the new women.) This one seems pretty harmless, though. (Not in the same category as the blurb I saw somewhere recently about the sharp upsurge of plastic surgery for men, for example.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:26 am
Men, the new women.....that's great.

You know sozobe, if we start letting men moisturize, next thing you know they'll want to be exfolliating and pumicing their heels.

I think we ladies need to put the kabash on this right away.

Nip it! Nip it in the BUD!

umm, when you fellers cut your nails, do any of you file them to smooth the edges?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:31 am
I don't get why you have to fight with men to get them to put some lotion on their alligator skin.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:42 am
Chai Tea wrote:
umm, when you fellers cut your nails, do any of you file them to smooth the edges?

I do. Always have. It's not like I spend an hour at this activity. I take less than 5 minutes. I find that things tend to "catch" the corners if you don't round them - especially with toe nails.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:46 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I don't get why you have to fight with men to get them to put some lotion on their alligator skin.

Seems stupid to me, too. Perhaps some men feel that this activity is too feminine, or something?

With me, I have to pay particular attention to my hands. Otherwise, the skin become really irritated and can develop into bits of excema, which I have a couple of prescriptions for.

In this day and age, I understand that more folks are having trouble with skin, due in part to chemical sensitivies, etc. Wirh me, it's environmental - the weather this time of year.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:54 am
Bella Dea wrote:

ah man, that was gonna be my first post, but decided (as usual) to go for flippant)

I practically have to tackle my husband on the front lawn to get him to put lotion on hands/feet that are so cracked and painful looking.

Mind you, I don't like soft hands on a man, but enough is enough.

I'll ask him to put some lotion on my back, and when he's done he'll wipe his hands on his jeans.

"Why don't you just rub it into your hands?"! There's probably about 1/10th of a gram of lotion left, but it's like he thinks it'll turn him into a metrosexual.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:56 am
That's like.....not brushing your teeth, or something. Shocked Mad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:00 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

ah man, that was gonna be my first post, but decided (as usual) to go for flippant)

And as most often does happen, the great minds focused in on what the real issue was. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Manly Moisturizer Fits In Tool Chest For 'Working Man'
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:26:25