My world and welcome to it....

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 11:24 am
I believe it was Sturgis who said that his family, for many years , has had a new years eve dinner of something like chicken, apples and potatos.. ( i dont remember the specific things..) but they are all cooked together because one time for his family, the new year was hard. Little food to pick from so they threw a few of what was left together and cooked it as is.
That following year, things were better.. so they stick to the meager dinner on the 1st every year..

Have ya got anything left in the fridge? Or is it ALL bad?
Maybe you could copy sturgis' family.. :-)
A new tradition born of necessity..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 11:54 am
That's a great story. I missed where Sturgis told that.

Lemons to lemonade.

Maybe I can salvage something out of my disaster meal.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 12:08 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Omens and portents, no. Hunches and intuition, yes.

I'm with Drew on this one.

When Vivienne has her radar working, I sit up and pay attention. Too much has happened in the past where she's spot on.

BUT, sometimes a bad day, is just a bad day. A series of events occur in a row, and they just add up to a lot of negative stuff.

You just want to roll back the clock and start again. Oh yeah!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:48 pm
Obviously, your got your bad luck over and done with on 1/1 leaving 364 days for good luck.

There is a Beastly Cold circulating on the east coast--could it be coming your way? Mild Mannered Mr. Noddy turned into a Beast with this upper respiratory infection and I've been a more than a little waspish myself.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:07 pm
Re: My world and welcome to it....
boomerang wrote:

How do you know if a portent is good or bad?

Can a portent be kind of sarcastic?

I am a sarcastic portent.

beware, beware.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 06:23:15