Bigfoot sighted in Malaysia

Reyn

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 12:37 pm
And awaaaayyy we gooooo.......

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Authorities began searching the jungles of southern Malaysia on Friday for the mythical "Bigfoot" following a reported sighting of three giant human-like beasts, officials said.

Wildlife authorities may set up cameras in the 800-square-kilometre Endau Rompin National Park in Johor state to see if the creatures do exist, they said.

Park director Hashim Yusof ventured into the jungle Friday to survey the site where three fish farm workers reportedly saw the beasts ........

Reported sighting of big beasts prompts Malaysian search for "Bigfoot"

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~mbrune/Tuesday/5:%2031-bigfoot%5B1%5D.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 272 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 12:39 pm
Can't be me. I wear a size ten.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 12:46 pm
I think Bigfoot is one of my neighbours. He pretends to be a lawyer by day, but......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 01:03 pm
If his skin turns green when he goes out I don't think it's bigfoot.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 01:09 pm
No, but he is awful hairy. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:12 pm
Here's another view of this story.....with a photo......sort of. I don't see the footprint myself.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ReynN/bfmal.jpg
An undated handout photo released by the Malaysia Nature Society taken in a swamp near Malaysia's southern town of Kota Tinggi, claiming it to be a footprint of a Bigfoot. Bigfoot fever has arrived in Malaysia, with local newspapers and the official news agency reporting sightings of a huge ape in southern rainforests.

"Bigfoot" fever grips rainforest

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Bigfoot fever is gripping Malaysia, with local newspapers and the official news agency reporting sightings of a huge ape in southern rainforests.

In one reported sighting, an indigenous man claimed he saw a 10-feet-tall (300-cm-tall) ape standing on two legs beside a river in heavy rainforest in Johor state, the director of the state's national-parks service told Reuters on Sunday.

"He said it was hairy all over, like a gorilla," said Hashim Yusoff, director of Johor National Parks Corp.

Hashim took and a group of park rangers and journalists into the Sungai Madek forest reserve last week in four-wheel-drive vehicles to ask indigenous people in the area about the reported sightings.

He said he was keeping an open mind and wanted to enlist scientists to prove whether the beast was fact or fantasy. "We are collecting a database on the sightings," he added.

Hashim denied he was staging a publicity stunt to lure more visitors to the area. But with latest remake of the movie "King Kong" and bigfoot-spotting almost an industry in itself, there are bound to be suspicions.

"No way. If there's any suggestion that we are using this one to get publicity, it's not true," Hashim said.

The Malayasian press is enjoying the story, running headlines like "Rangers on the trail of Bigfoot" and "Villagers' close encounter with Bigfoot".

One newspaper published a picture of a large but vague impression in mud, calling it a footprint.

source
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:26 pm
Couldn't be my ex mother in law either. She died several years ago.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:39 pm
Maybe haunting "from beyond"?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bigfoot sighted in Malaysia
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:28:34