Convenience Fees?

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 09:56 am
I had to renew my dog's liscenses before the year end so I hopped over to their site today to renew online.

I found this:

Quote:
Renew a dog license online
To renew your dog's license online you must have an existing dog license and will need:
Your dog license tag number (see renewal notice)
Name of license holder (see renewal notice)
Renew your dog's license online.

Please note: If you pay with a VISA or MasterCard, there is a convenience fee of $2.49 that is charged to you for using the online service. If you pay with an e-Check, there is no convenience fee. There is no fee for regular payments made to Washington County Animal Services by check or cash.

I've never heard of this kind of fee before and I found it to be inconvenient.

Has anyone else come across this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 11:24 pm
More government departments are starting to have fees or increase them. It's a fact of life we might as well get used to.

You should see some of the fees our city charges to have solar panels put on their homes. Some cities in our area charge about $25, but our city charges almost $400. Most remodeling fees have been increasing regularly like clock-work.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 11:52 pm
Some businesses pass on credit card processing fees to the consumer. If you've ever set up a merchant's account in order to accept credit cards, you know that it is very profitable for the bank. I'm a little confused as to why an e-check would not use the same basic system, though. What do I know.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 01:17 pm
Convenience fees
Well, I guess it's supposed to save you the trouble of getting in the car and friving over to the dog license place, and spend half an hour trying to find a parking spot?

Confused Confused Confused
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 01:18 pm
Driving. Sorry about the typo.
0 Replies