What does your house smell like?

cyphercat

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:04 am
boomerang wrote:
Maybe I should ask what smells people like best.

I read that as "what smells like people best." For just an instant I thought you wanted to know what we all use to make our houses smell most like people, instead of like dogs.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:15 am
My little house?:

Sometimes musty. It's old (over 100 years worth) & I'm not exactly the dusting/vaccuming queen!

Sometimes (like this morning) just wonderful! Very Happy Every door & window open to let in the fresh air before a scorching hot day.

Other times I love the smell of almost any Japanese incense. My current favourite is Morning Star rose! Heavenly! Aaaaaaaah!Very Happy

Other times, Nag Champa (agarbatti). A no-nonsense (but heavenly) incense, courtesy of Sai Baba. (& no, I'm not a follower. I just like the fragrance!)
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:22 am
CrazyDiamond wrote:
boomerang wrote:

Sex
and honey-mustard sauce.

Don't ask.

Is it that fresh sex smell or that stale curdling smell?

Ok, sorry, that was gross. Sex smell only smells good if its your own. :wink:
God, I hope it was your own......
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 07:02 am
Peach cologne. Oops, that's just me. Actually, it more or less just smells like Febreze, Palmolive and Bounce. And mustiness (another over 100 yr-old-house).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:14 am
my favorite house smell is white sage smoke.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
I love the smell of Bounce!

I like anything that smells kind of soapy and clean.

I like to sit in the bathroom after Mr. B showers because it smells so good in there.

Anything baking smells divine!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:35 am
Lilac from the Yankee Candle Co.

It's my favorite flower and I love love love love love the smell of lilacs.

I wish I had a tree. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:47 am
shewolfnm wrote:

isn't that the stuff that smells like pot?

my house?
neutra air lemon.
sorry, boring.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:50 am
I had a friend from England who noticed lemon scented garbage bags in the grocery story: "How American, she said "trying to cover one bad scent with another bad scent."

I'm actually surprised how many people here use incense and scented candles. I rarely go into a house that smells like either. Most peoples homes smell like pets (especially the kitty box) or cooked food. This time of year my neighbors all use wood stove so that is the dominant smell inside and out.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:51 am
my house smells like my grandparents and some kind of red candle they burn

My room on the other hand smells either like my inscents or my perfume
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:52 am
Insects!?

Like stink bugs?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:53 am
GW, I burn my candle all the time. Even if it's just me sitting there watching tv. I got it because I like the smell so I figure, I might as well use it!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:03 am
Chai Tea wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

isn't that the stuff that smells like pot?

kind of .. yeah.

The first time I smelled it , I thought it smelled like urine.. Embarrassed

an aquired taste i guess..
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:21 am
I sell white sage in my nursery. People love it. They use it as a smudge for "cleansing away bad energy".
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:47 am
Just walking in, I don't notice anything at all. I love eoe's "smells like home". Every time I come down the stairs, though, I get a good whiff of fresh pine tree (still!) which makes me happy every time. Sometimes a whiff of cedar.

No incense or candles. Probably an eensy bit of orange (sozlet's shampoo), or vanilla (soap/ body wash), or my perfume (Dolce & Gabbana), and maybe cleaning products (no fabric softener, just Tide). And of course whatever happens to be cooking, and usually coffee in the morning.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:54 am
Right now - fresh baked bread.

Too often - heavy perfume from laundry detergent in the apartment downstairs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:58 am
I often think the house smells mustiesh (another old house) and doggy, so I've got some kinda odor neutralizer thing plugged in and churning away.

When we got back last night after about 5 days away I noticed that the house actually smells a bit cedar/eucalyptusy - which is not the odor neutralizer scent. Those lightbulb ring oil thingies must be working.

When I wake up in the morning, it smells like coffee these days as Setanta is a coffee drinker. hmmmm, maybe coffee masks dog?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 02:57:59