So GO already....

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:06 pm
BBB
dyslexia wrote:
sublime1 wrote:
I have a friend that is just the opposite, he would just disappear. No goodbye nothing, 15 minutes later everyone would be asking where the hell did Jeff go? It became so commonplace that when someone left without saying anything we would say "I think he pulled a Jeff"

That would be me.

The problem is that we might not realize Dys has disappeard for several hours---or even days. That's how exciting his presence is.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:18 pm
I hate when my boss goes to lunch and says she will be back in 20 minutes and comes back 2 hours later
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:29 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
One of the few characteristics that the First Mr. Noddy and the Present Mr. Noddy have in common is a downright aversion to speeding the parting guest.

Perhaps it is heating weather. Perhaps air conditioning weather. Whatever the time of year the long, long farewell starts at the coat closet and ends at the top of the driveway until the guests can turn around and escape.

Cranky babies, foul weather forecasts, long distances to go, tight schedules.....nothing matters when mein host wants one/five/ten more minutes of togetherness.

So, you're one of those people who won't let someone leave?

Lord have mercy on your soul. Why do you do that?

I have a sis in law that does that.

Middle of February, Illinois.
Followed us OUT to the car, and stood in the way of me closing the car door.

She'd stop talking for 2 seconds, and I'd move to close the door. She literally would say "um, um," searching for something else to get started on. Both my husband and I kept saying, "well, it's really cold, we have to go......"

Finally after about 10 minutes, I got to close the car door, leaned over to my husband real quick and said, "just put it in reverse and go", because by this time she was leaning down by the window, like she wanted me to roll it down.

Two hours later, we saw her again at dinner at another relatives house.

let your guests leave noddy, let them leave.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:37 pm
I hate the sandwich industry for making bread and sliced cheese square while bologna remains circular.
It makes me soo mad! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:58 pm
Yeah I know, that makes me mad too.

I have gotten to where I won't go to someone's home because they serve round boloney, AND won't let me leave when I want to...

I don't know how these people keep friends.

Like "Oh Christ all mighty, let's not go to Alec Baldwins house, he never knows when to let people leave, and he servces that crappy round boloney."
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 01:57 pm
A long time ago, during the flower power years, I had some friends who came to one of our parties. They parked across the street and sat in the car to smoke a joint.
They needed it to be in a jovial mood during the evening. Of course, later on we all passed the joints around for all to enjoy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:12 pm
Chai Tea--

I am delighted to speed the parting guest. The offensive behavior I describe is that of past and present husbands.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:20 pm
ooooooh,

well that's a totally different storey.

You're not my sister in law then?

At last count, I have about a dozen of them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:21 pm
Forget about going, get OFF the phone.

Get OFF the phone now.

Don't make me say Good-bye 18 times - til everyone in the office around me is laughing.

Get OFFFFFFF the phone.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:26 pm
ok, 'k, well look....'k.....hey look I've got to finish up.......ok,.......sure.......'k look I'll talk to you tomor........'k......Yeah, great........someone just walked in my offi.........'k........look,.....
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 07:44 pm
That conversation reminds me of a couple in love saying good bye. The very last kiss is repeated a hundred times. Impossible to stop kissing.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:24 pm
Bear does this to me all the time. Drives me nuts!

He leaves the house.
He calls me from the cell phone to ask or say something minor that could have waited.
He then says, "Okay, let me go,"

Let you go? What the... You're the one that called ME!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 09:15 am
Squinney
squinney wrote:
Bear does this to me all the time. Drives me nuts!
He leaves the house.
He calls me from the cell phone to ask or say something minor that could have waited.
He then says, "Okay, let me go,"
Let you go? What the... You're the one that called ME!

Aw, that's true love.

BBB
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 09:19 am
brings a tear to my eye.....

ususally, I have to walk out of the room, turn on the kitchen faucet, start banging dishes, before I can get the wolverine to yell a question at me from the other end of the house.

squinny, I'm jealous, at least he calls.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 09:20 am
I guess that is the difference between bears and wolverines.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 11:41 am
That's funny, squinney!

My husband calls me 2 minutes after he leaves the driveway, too. Always about something unnecessary. The thing that really bugs me, though... He will call and say he's on his way home, will be there in 10 minutes. Then 30 minutes later, he'll call again and say he stopped off someplace, is now coming, will be there in 10 minutes. Another hour later, another call. Again, 10 minutes. This can go on for hours. I have learned to cheerfully say, "Okay! That's great!" and ignore these calls. I'll expect him when I see him.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 11:46 am
I call home 2 minutes before I arrive when I have a load of groceries.

"ETA 2 minutes, get out onto the porch."

Otherwise, I have to go wandering around looking for him. Woverines can be anywhere.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 05:10 pm
Re: So GO already....
Chai Tea wrote:
just a vent here....

If you have somewhere to go, say you've got to leave, then stand up and GO!!!!!

You don't need to tell me 17 times over the course of an hour that you need to get somewhere.

F*cking GO already.

AARRRGGHH!

Have they gone yet, Chai?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 06:19 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
ok, 'k, well look....'k.....hey look I've got to finish up.......ok,.......sure.......'k look I'll talk to you tomor........'k......Yeah, great........someone just walked in my offi.........'k........look,.....

Oooh, sounds like when I'm talking to my mom. She's getting sooo gabby in her old age. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 08:14 pm
Re: So GO already....
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Have they gone yet, Chai?

With her luck?

probally not.. Confused
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So GO already....
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 10:23:32