So GO already....

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:06 pm
just a vent here....

If you have somewhere to go, say you've got to leave, then stand up and GO!!!!!

You don't need to tell me 17 times over the course of an hour that you need to get somewhere.

F*cking GO already.

AARRRGGHH!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,586 • Replies: 39
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:15 pm
They're not trying to leave, they're asking to use the bathroom.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:27 pm
I think we can see why they want to leave Laughing
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 04:43 pm
Thank you Chai Tea!! That silliness annoys me too.

On a related vent...

I hate when someone has somewhere to go and doesn't say anything but just acts all nervous and doesn't pay attention to what's going on while we are spending time together...then, at the last minute, or WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY LATE, they make a big fuss about getting to where they need to be and rush me. Fiock I hate that!
As though they are so bloody important that I couldn't stand to depart from them!
JUST BLEEDING GO ALREADY! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 06:04 pm
Talk about catharsis...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 06:07 pm
hmmm I need to go..............
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 06:09 pm
husker wrote:
hmmm I need to go..............

Didn't I tell you to take care of that before we left?!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 06:10 pm
but dad...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 06:12 pm
whenever anybody started acting that way around a former boss, he'd always say, here's your hat, what's your hurry
0 Replies

dagmaraka

I have a lateness disease. I'm afraid I'd be one of those people who say ten times they need to leave... but don't, especially if they enjoy the current company. I've trained my friends and try to be careful at work, but it's a life long curse. Like an alcoholic, I can only abstaining late-o-holic. It's incurable.
0 Replies

detano inipo

When I'm at a party and the time has come to leave, I announce it and I am gone in one minute.
Standing in the hallway for 15 minutes and chatting is surely annoying to the host.
Go means go, coming is another story.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 06:19 pm
detano inipo wrote:
...Go means go, coming is another story.

Come doesn't mean come?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:00 pm
I have a friend that is just the opposite, he would just disappear. No goodbye nothing, 15 minutes later everyone would be asking where the hell did Jeff go? It became so commonplace that when someone left without saying anything we would say "I think he pulled a Jeff"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:16 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
I have a lateness disease. I'm afraid I'd be one of those people who say ten times they need to leave... but don't, especially if they enjoy the current company. I've trained my friends and try to be careful at work, but it's a life long curse. Like an alcoholic, I can only abstaining late-o-holic. It's incurable.

I suffer from the same disease, I'm afraid.

I must go now.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:18 pm
Oh, one more thing. My husband's family is just like your friend Jeff, sublime. You'll be talking to them on the phone, and suddenly they're finished talking so they just say, "Goodbye!" and hang up. They don't even wait for you to say goodbye.

Okay, it's late. Now I really must go.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:39 pm
The same in reverse goes for dinner dates. no matter how chic and sophisticated you want to be, it is bad form to arrive late for a dinner date.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 07:57 am
One of the few characteristics that the First Mr. Noddy and the Present Mr. Noddy have in common is a downright aversion to speeding the parting guest.

Perhaps it is heating weather. Perhaps air conditioning weather. Whatever the time of year the long, long farewell starts at the coat closet and ends at the top of the driveway until the guests can turn around and escape.

Cranky babies, foul weather forecasts, long distances to go, tight schedules.....nothing matters when mein host wants one/five/ten more minutes of togetherness.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:08 am
sublime1 wrote:
I have a friend that is just the opposite, he would just disappear. No goodbye nothing, 15 minutes later everyone would be asking where the hell did Jeff go? It became so commonplace that when someone left without saying anything we would say "I think he pulled a Jeff"

Laughing this reminds me of one of my dearest friends of over 30 years.

when we were all teens, we'd show up at craigs house when he was supposed to be there, but wasn't.

His dad would crack us up.

"oh you know craig, he went down to buy a pack of cigarettes, he'll probably be back for dinner"

"oh you know craig, he went to exchange that sweater at the mall, he'll probably be back by midnight"

"oh you know craig, he went to visit his aunt, he'll probably be back next week"

that was our catchphrase when someone didn't show "oh you know that craig...."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
sublime1 wrote:

That would be me.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:05 pm
I like to disappear as well.

Because worse than telling someone that you have to leave fifteen minutes before you do, are assholes who try to make you feel like a pussy for deciding AGAINST a hangover the next morning, for wanting a good night's sleep.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So GO already....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 02:36:51