Littlek.......

djjd62

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 06:59 am
the picture with your sibs is great, that is so cool

nice pics from dag to, love the mountain calvary and the church (how odd for an athiest, but if there's one thing religion does right it's buildings and monuments/artwork)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:23 am
i'm an atheist, but also a political scientist who studies political culture and historical memory. monuments and architecture, anything that embodies symbols, are fascinating to me.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:55 am
Great photos, loved the pic of the sand angels.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 09:25 am
littlek wrote:
Oh, hello there! I got the camera for my birthday, Reyn, which was the 23rd. For xmas I got a photo printer. I had the camera with me on the cape for the holidays and I have just uploaded almost 200 pictures. I'll post a few tonight or tomorrow. Anyway, the camera is a refurbished finepix E550 and the photo printer is a kick-ass canon i9900.

Hey, there she is! Nice to hear about your new camera. It sounds like you're getting a lot of enjoyment out of it already. Very Happy

Good start with the pics you posted. The beach photos are timeless.

I love the ones with your brothers and sisters on the rock.....then and now. It makes me feel nostalgic.

Great to have you back. Have been wanting to post some pics myself, but it's been doing nothing but bucketing here for about 2 weeks and been tied up with various other things. :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:57 am
Lovely pics!! The birdie one is way cool.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:47 pm
Dasha sent me a photo of a snow angel and I thought it would be funny to reciprocate with a sand angel of my own.

Reyn, get creative with the camera. Take some inside shots - art shots. Or take some out in the rain!

Ok, one more which I did NOT take, but which I absolutely adore!

http://www.bcpvetpharm.com/images/p_spooky.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:56 pm
today I bought a printer cable and installed the software for my (now I know how outrageously costly it is) printer. I bought some paper. I also bought a new mouse pad and keyboard (no more sticky space bar!). I bought my first memory stick - a small one to see if I like it. I may start storing photos on those little things.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:24 pm
littlek wrote:
Reyn, get creative with the camera. Take some inside shots - art shots. Or take some out in the rain!

I've taken a few indoor shots. Nothing that I was too happy with.

My camera isn't waterproof, so there's no way I'm taking it out in the rain - the price tag on it and all.

I did take a few photos today, which I posted in my thread in the Photography forum, in between the rain downpours.

I've been meaning to set up a bit of a studio indoors, but haven't thought of a good way to do it yet.

Most of the photos I take are at 640 x 480 resolution. I don't print very many. I did take a bunch a Christmas time which turned out very nice, but not available for posting here. They're mostly family ones anyways.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:41 pm
Great photos, Lil Kay and Dasha--thank you ! ! !
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 07:31 pm
Unless it's torrential rain, it's probably not a problem for a minute or two to take pix outside. And, if you have an umbrella...... eh, I'm pretty lax about that kind of thing. Maybe to my detriment.

Hey Boss, you're welcome!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 09:10 pm
littlek wrote:
Unless it's torrential rain, it's probably not a problem for a minute or two to take pix outside. And, if you have an umbrella...... eh, I'm pretty lax about that kind of thing. Maybe to my detriment.

I'm the other way, I guess. If it was a cheap camera, I probably wouldn't worry as much.

I think using an umbrella would be a tad awkward. It would mean using the camera with one hand virtually.

What I'm thinking may be more practical is some kind of clear plastic bag of some sort. I've done a search for a similar device, and they do exist, but the ones I was looking at were a ridiculous amount of money.

Did you catch my new pics?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 09:15 pm
which thread, Reyn?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 09:21 pm
click right here
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 09:27 pm
Those are totally awesome pics Littlek! Thanks for sharing them with us :-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:53 pm
Reyn, I guess I had checked your new pics, but I didn't comment until I went back.

Thanks Montana.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:27 am
Reyn wrote:
littlek wrote:

I'm the other way, I guess. If it was a cheap camera, I probably wouldn't worry as much.

I think using an umbrella would be a tad awkward. It would mean using the camera with one hand virtually.

What I'm thinking may be more practical is some kind of clear plastic bag of some sort. I've done a search for a similar device, and they do exist, but the ones I was looking at were a ridiculous amount of money.

Did you catch my new pics?

I've been taking my digi-cam out in the rain since I got it years ago. Even dropped it in a puddle once/twice?. Outside of being a bit scratched up, it still works brilliantly. Because of the way I like to take pix - on the move, for the most part - one-handed photography seems natural to me. Give it a try - go wild - take some impulsive outdoor shots. I find it's really helped my internal 'framing' mechanism doing that.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:39 am
ehBeth wrote:
I've been taking my digi-cam out in the rain since I got it years ago. Even dropped it in a puddle once/twice?. Outside of being a bit scratched up, it still works brilliantly. Because of the way I like to take pix - on the move, for the most part - one-handed photography seems natural to me. Give it a try - go wild - take some impulsive outdoor shots. I find it's really helped my internal 'framing' mechanism doing that.

Hmm, I don't think I can do that. Maybe because I'm not generally that impulsive. It's just not in my character.

But, I still intend to produce something meaningful and decent. I just need a bit more practise and put more ideas into place.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Littlek.......
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:18:33