Please help! and try to understand.

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 03:22 pm
I have put this here in an honest attempt to get it viewed by as many of you as possible. I know that since I have become a member of this site at various times I have made quite an ass out of myself and seemed like I am preaching. I have a story to explain this and apologize.
almost two mth's ago i went and saw a Psychiatrist, that was truly amazed by my I.Q, and what we talked about, so he put me on a drug called Neruontin to see if I could bring my intelligence out more. He put me on 2400 Mg's, and when it started to work. I became a researcher of resarcher's, going almost to the brink of insanity. I found myself in a room with books stacked a mile high in every area of the room, I started to research on the net, I lost my relaxed spirit. I could not stop. My eating turned to **** I was up night and day. I feel like at times my head is going to pop. I saw my family Physician and he told me to just take more klonipin to settle down. Though I am beginning to believe that I understand how Nietzsce must have felt before he had his breakdown. I did not mean to preach, or to conflict anyones personal views. All I wanted was a safe place to fit in like you all want, and I think that I have diseased your atompshere without intending to. Also that is why when I write it is not even me anymore, and when I post things they come of the wrong way. Please forgive me and not view me as a troll. I personally could not help it. I wish I could have joined this forum before all this took place and you could of got a chance to see the real me. I could go on and on.. though I think no matter what most of you will still not let me in. Sorry for my preaching. sincerely, M.G
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,592 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Alexandra

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 04:19 pm
Being an economist, I don't know any other way to help you, but to tell you: let it go! Leave the drugs.....and become once again real you! What is the use of testing your I.Q. if it brings you to the edge? Did you ask your Psychiatrist THAT????

If you did, and he gave you the answer "but why, don't you be affraid" or something like that, it's time to change him. Go to another one.

Btw, I'm also the one with extremely high I.Q., but I expand my limits in other way, not by taking drugs. Don't know if this helped you at all, but wish you good luck!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 06:38 pm
To be quite honest Mellow I think maybe you are looking to put blame on things for a non-existant problem.

I've been on quite a few different boards over the years and it's always tough for anyone to "fit in" when they are new. (We're all new here on this board but a lot of us do know each other from other sites so we already have a "relationship" of sorts.) Believe it or not trying to fit in and find your way is entirely "normal". Nothing odd about it at all. Expecting that to happen in a matter of days is probably expecting a bit much though.

You didn't ask but.. my recommendation? Relax, engage people slowly, respect others as the people they are (you don't have to like their views or ideas but they are all people just like you!), and just be yourself.

It takes some time but people DO notice after a while. I'm not saying that you'll get along with everyone but you'll meet a few here and there. After a while that adds up.

I think you'll find that the people that come here from Abuzz are a pretty accepting crowd (heck! They've been listening to me babble for 2 years and they still talk to me! Smile ). Just keep in mind that you get back what you give and let that be your guide to posting.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 08:53 pm
Listen to Uncle Fishin'. He knows what he's talking about. And, MellowGemini, I really don't think you've offended anybody. No need to apologize. Welcome to a very user-friendly forum!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 09:51 pm
'Friendly' being the keyword, MG.

This is a good place to be.....And I do believe you've already come to know that honesty is what you'll get......with a good measure of kindness.

You've been given excellent advice ~ I hope you'll consider it seriously.

Be well.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 08:34 am
What fishin' said. Really. Every group looks daunting in the beginning. I mean, you've only been with us - what? - a week? Give it time. Things like this aren't immediate, but they're worth it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Please help! and try to understand.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:41:25