Strategies For Christmas Cards

Noddy24

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 02:45 pm
Cards are one of my favorite parts of the holiday season--I send and receive about 50 cards (plus sending another 50 and reaping another 20 from Mr. Noddy's family).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 02:47 pm
What do you write on the cards you send, Noddy?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 04:45 pm
My holiday messages depend on the recipient.

I pick holiday cards I can thread into an old fashioned typewriter. As the project goes on, several paragraphs become standardized, but I since I have family ranging from 25 to 95; friends from a dozen moves and a number of college classmates that I keep in touch with, and the occasional A2K member, a form letter just doesn't work. (Although I have sunk to a form letter for two bad years rather than having no news at all).

My travels....Mr. Noddy's health....my health...rare birds...interesting facts....plans to meet.....snippets of family news that haven't made the general grapevine.... Then, of course, I ask questions.

My notes usually run about 150-170 words.

This year I decided to save incoming cards to open on Christmas Day.
I'm looking forward to my stack.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 05:07 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I sent 4 this year, this may be a record. I got one from my father, unsigned, so I sent him one signed with a personal note. I am evil.

I guess I'm not the only one that's not liked, eh? Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 02:05 pm
I actually had fun sending out a few cards this year.

I made my own for the first time.

I used a picture from Bad Santa, from where Billy Bob is sitting at the bar, with a cig in his mouth and a drink in his hand.

On the inside it said "I'm ON MY BREAK, Okay?"

I love that movie, especially the scene in the Ladies Big & Tall dressing room.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 02:22:02