Strategies For Christmas Cards

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:21 pm
How do you decide who gets a Christmas card and who not? Do you try to get by with only ecards? Personally, I try to get by without sending more than I have to. I keep a box of them handy. Each time I receive a card, I fill out a new one and mail it. I do send quite a few ecards.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 932 • Replies: 24
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:25 pm
I guess im a scrooge .
I dont do the christmas card thing unless that is a means of sending a present ( gift card, photos)

when i did.. about 6? 7 years ago?
Family first.. then who ever I had the longest relationship with was 2nd on the manditory list..
best friends, old neighbors, family members I had known from nursing homes etc,

so, I guess for me, it was time.
The longer I knew you , the closer you got to the top of the manditory list. ha!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:37 pm
I know if they send me one there is a better than even chance they expect one from me. I am not being unfriendly, just don't really care for the custom.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:48 pm
I have a set list of relatives and friends and then add on.
For the first time this year I sent a card to our next door neighbors and they immediately sent us a card in return. It felt forced, like they felt they had to do it which, of course, they didn't. Maybe if they'd waited until next year...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:58 pm
We only send out to family.

Vivienne's got a few in England. The price of the postage is getting rather pricey though.

The ones that live close-by, get theirs handed to them personally.

Fortunately, the list isn't too bad, compared to others with lots of extended family.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 11:02 pm
I usually don't 'do' xmas cards. But, this year, I had my niece make some to go with xmas gifts she made for our family members. I got into it and made several myself. So, I sent them. As I sent the ones I made, I realized I wanted to fill out the list so I made more. I sent them to family and to certain friends of mine who always send me a xmas card.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 11:22 pm
hmm we send about 70 cause we are so far from most all family
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 11:23 pm
I can barely send my bills out in time let alone send out christmas cards. I'm with shewolf the only christmas cards I send are for holding gifts.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:36 am
In my case, I think it may be laziness more than anything.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:37 am
I never send out Christmas cards. Bah, humbug!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:40 am
I don't recall getting a Christmas card from Edgar this year. Hmmm, let me check to make sure.

There's one from dlowan, one from Dys and Diane, oh... there's a nice one from dagmaraka, alongside the one from littlek, and I also see one from Letty.

There are more. I see shewolf sent me one. As well as msolga.

But nothing from Edgar. Not one damn thing.

I'll get that bastard if it's the last thing I do!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:41 am
Hey! Now that I think about it, I don't recall getting one from Phoenix.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:55 am
sublime1 wrote:
I can barely send my bills out in time let alone send out christmas cards. I'm with shewolf the only christmas cards I send are for holding gifts.

so let me give you my address... Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:56 am
they were all sent by homing pidgeons gus

you didnt get 'em yet??
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:59 am
We sent out a bunch of Chanukah cards this year, partly because of holiday stuff but also 'cause we have a lot of stamps and postage is about to go up. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 09:18 am
i still have 33 cent stamps.
i just use 2 >sigh<

when is the postage rate set to go up again?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 09:21 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I never send out Christmas cards. Bah, humbug!

<sigh!>

A woman after my own heart! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 09:34 am
shewolfnm wrote:
i still have 33 cent stamps.
i just use 2 >sigh<

when is the postage rate set to go up again?

January 8th, see: http://www.usps.com/communications/news/press/2005/pr05_097.htm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 09:39 am
My perennial struggle: I dislike the idea of sending a card with signatures only. I dislike the idea of coming up with separate, personalized notes for the ~50 people I'd send cards too. (A LOT of work!) I dislike the idea of sending a one-size-fits-all letter. So I don't send anything. :-?

I have the cards this year, haven't sent 'em yet, they have a variation of "happy new year" so I figure I have until then (Jan 1st) before it gets ridiculous. Gave cards to neighbors along with home-made cookies and a home-made beaded snowflake ornament (turned out well). But nothing sent yet.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 09:55 am
I sent 4 this year, this may be a record. I got one from my father, unsigned, so I sent him one signed with a personal note. I am evil.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Strategies For Christmas Cards
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.08 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 02:21:15