My ship came in

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 07:46 am
I was walking down the road this morning and happened to notice the rays of the sun reflecting off of an object partially buried in the roadside gravel. Upon closer inspection I realized it was a gold coin. At least I think it is.

It appears to be English, or possibly Canadian. There is a picture of a lady on the front and some kind of funky-looking weed on the back. Below the lady's chin, the number "2002" is written. I'm not quite sure what that means. I'm not a coin expert, but I intend to look it up.

On the back, above the weed, the words "Two Pence" are written. Two million?

I just know this coin has some extreme value. I haven't decided if I should try to contact Sotheby's and have it auctioned or just go down to Fred's Coin Shop, right here in town, and have him try to sell it.

I question Fred's character though and therefore will probably go the Sotheby route.

If this thing turns out the way I expect it to, look for old Gus to pull into Chicago next May driving a brand new truck. I will keep you posted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,423 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 07:50 am
Oh Gus, you darling. You found it!!! Mail it to me, and I'll buy you a nice chicken dinner!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 07:59 am
Tempting.

A rare gold coin for a chicken dinner.

Let me dwell on this most tantalizing proposal.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:01 am
I'll throw in some candied yams to sweeten the deal!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:03 am
I don't know what the hell a candied yam is, but it sounds disgusting.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:06 am
I'll cook a nice turkey dinner, with mashed potatoes and corn. And for dessert, you and I can walk hand in hand along the bank of the swamp that I live by. Just you and I Gus. And your rare coin.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:09 am
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/FDS/FDS103/Candied-Yams.jpg

Look what Phoenix is trying to feed me.

What the hell is wrong with that woman?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:09 am
Bella Dea- Two carbos.......mashed potatoes and corn.

Gus, I would watch out for that woman. She is attempting to block your arteries, and steal your coin. On the other hand, I............................
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:11 am
I know. Bella is up to something. But what?

Women don't just offer corn for nothin'.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:17 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XgCBAp4fbzCcOdg*sdim!Gc!hTmViwZ5WAt9ZGb55Llnb502tcTbVm0arLSjCcgdT6D5DFBWJck*x83088dxFJwcjOjlTR4!qknw3ZBk!1F1LPLzHflwhXYNScfS*RS9yZ7SmmaGK6w/sweet_potato_pie.jpg

Now how does THAT look, Gus. If you are really nice, I'll throw in the raspberry!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:19 am
Gus, if you coin looks like this:
http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/dec/0292r.jpg

Grab a dinner, it would be a bargain.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:19 am
forget these idiots Gus.... you bring me the gold coin and we'll go to Thee Dollhouse and eat a banana split out of the crack of Mistress Veronicas ass while doing tequila breast shots with Candy Stripe.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:25 am
[quote="blueveinedthrobber"...eat a banana split out of the crack of Mistress Veronicas ass...[/quote]
That has got to be one of the most disgusting images I've ever encountered. Thank you; I shall treasure it forever.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:25 am
And Gus, maybe you can trade your weed coin for some weed. You need to cut back on the opium.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:29 am
gus, bring the coin to chicago. you can auction it off there. let's see how far a2k peeps are willing to go...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:41 am
DrewDad wrote:
[quote="blueveinedthrobber"...eat a banana split out of the crack of Mistress Veronicas ass...

That has got to be one of the most disgusting images I've ever encountered. Thank you; I shall treasure it forever.[/quote]

Break Loose Drew... be a man... Thee Dollhouse Banana Split Tuesdays....all the real men are there....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:43 am
Who wants tofu?????? Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:50 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
...eat a banana split out of the crack of Mistress Veronicas ass...

That has got to be one of the most disgusting images I've ever encountered. Thank you; I shall treasure it forever.

Break Loose Drew... be a man... Thee Dollhouse Banana Split Tuesdays....all the real men are there....

Ass-crack splits. They even pick the lint out for you!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:54 am
I think gus is doing a Simon Bar-Sinister on us!

Don't you people remember the lessons of Underdog?

DON'T LOOK AT THAT COIN!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 09:03 am
DrewDad wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
...eat a banana split out of the crack of Mistress Veronicas ass...

Ass-crack splits. They even pick the lint out for you!

and for an extra gratuity you can floss with her thong after.....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My ship came in
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:33:37