Nationmaster- Great Site for Statistics about Countries

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 08:32 am
I was surfing the web this morning, and went to one of my favorite sites, www.refdesk.com They have a "Site of the Day" feature. Today, they highlighted:

http://www.nationmaster.com/index.php

This is quite a site. You can get all sorts of statistics about different countries.

Quote:
NationMaster is a vast compilation of data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, UN, and OECD. Using the form above, you can generate maps and graphs on all kinds of statistics with ease.

We currently have 5,703 stats, and this number is increasing all the time. We want to be the web's one-stop resource for country statistics on everything from soldiers to wall plug voltages.

You can also view profiles of individual countries including their maps and flags, use correlation reports and scatterplots to find relationships between variables, and refer to fully integrated encyclopedia with over 800,000 articles.

Quote:
We have an update on the Mozilla/Firefox plug-in that allows you to search NationMaster's database. We have recieved a lot of positive feedback regarding this plug-in, so we've decided to make this search function available for download on our site.

This plug-in is located on your toolbar, and gives you quick access to statistical measurements on NationMaster. For example, you might be clicking around your trusted news website and come across an article on murders per capita in sub-Saharan Africa. To supplement news, you might want to take a look at some recent statistics. Simply type in 'murders per capita' in your NationMaster toolbar and you're on your way - statistical comparisons at your fingertips no matter where you're surfing.

I could probably get "lost" for hours on this site!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 614 • Replies: 5
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 08:32 am
Awesome, thanks. I'm bookmarking. I've been wishing for a supplement to the CIA world factbook.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 09:49 am
Glad that you liked it. I think that there are a lot of people on A2K who would really like this site!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 11:52 am
Nationmaster
Terrific! Thank you!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 02:41 pm
Phoenix--

You have the holiday spirit--no matter what the holiday. Thank you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 05:37 pm
Much appreciated Phoenix...
0 Replies