Is there an msn messenger for windows 95?

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 01:11 am
This is lame i know!!! Who in their right mind would be running windows 95? Well My parents have this old pc kickin around, and I am trying to get it up and running for them....they don't know much about pc's, barely know how to turn the things on, so its a great little practice pc. It's super old, but it does go online and whatnot.....Does anyone know if I can instal some sort of messeneger on this thing? Preferably msn messeneger....I thought windows messenger would work, but I can't seem to find a link anywhere for it. Any help would be awesome.....Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 975 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 01:30 am
There was. Version 5.0 is the last version that supported '95. It is available at download.com

Click here

This version says it's for Win NT. I don't know if is a 16 bit installation but it's worth a try.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 10:29 pm
Thanks. I did try downloading that last night, and at the end it told me it did not support 95. I used to run Trillian on here, and it used to work fine, but it doesn't seem to being working anymore.....I will try downloading 5.0 again from your link. Thank you very much.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 05:17 am
I installed PalTalk to see if it would do what you wanted, and it does what it is supposed to do. But I have Windows 2000 so I couldn't check it under Windows 95. But at Download.com it says it will work for Windows 95.

PalTalk
0 Replies