A2K virtual Friends

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:27 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
....and another thing that amazes me, is how well these foreign chappies have mastered the English language!

Calamity Jane seems more American than German, and when Dag types slowly, one can, after reading and re-reading a couple of times, generally get her drift.

Well done to those continentals, that's what I say.

That's it. You're going DOWN, ellpus! You try writing in Slovak, mister. Grrrrrr.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:49 am
Going down, you say?

Best offer I've had all day, wot wot?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:26 am
I lurk around the forum reading random life stories and then I make them "real" when I tell them to other people to make it seem I'm really cool and I have more friends than I really do (cause I only have ∏ friends)

For example,
slappy is usually Ramón, gustav is Tavo, Ellpus is Pancho, boomerang is Rosita, Setanta is Quique and so on...

anyways.. I like this place, the most real postboard I've seen
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:30 am
"Ramon"

checheche
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:04 pm
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:07 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Calamity Jane seems more American than German,

That's quite okay - she lives there as long (or perhaps even longer :wink: ) than in Bavaria. (I'm not that sure, she ever lived in Germany. Laughing )
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:14 pm
JoeFX wrote:
I lurk around the forum reading random life stories and then I make them "real" when I tell them to other people to make it seem I'm really cool and I have more friends than I really do (cause I only have ∏ friends)

For example,
slappy is usually Ramón, gustav is Tavo, Ellpus is Pancho, boomerang is Rosita, Setanta is Quique and so on...

anyways.. I like this place, the most real postboard I've seen

You can call me Coco LaRue.

That's the name I usually pick when I play board games where you pick a name.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:19 pm
I'm quite pleased with being Rosita!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 03:01 pm
cyphercat wrote:
"Oh, it's just that darn Slappy Doo Hoo again, I can't explain it!"

I think I might adopt that as my signature line.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 03:05 pm
wait......

you mean you people are real ? Shocked
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 03:22 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
when Dag types slowly, one can, after reading and re-reading a couple of times, generally get her drift.

You understand her? Wow! I personally just thought she was usually writing in Slovak here.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 03:24 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
wait......

you mean you people are real ? Shocked

Oh stop it! Why does everyone keep asking me, "are you for real?"
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 04:38 pm
nimh, that was looooow.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 04:40 pm
hehhehheh ... Mr. Green

you kno' nimh - he goes loooooow
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:28 pm
boomerang wrote:
Gargamel, you are wrong. You have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. You do not believe except what you see. You think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by your little minds. All minds, Gargamel, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Gargamel, there is a Patches McWhiskers. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Patches McWhiskers! It would be as dreary as if there were no Gargamels. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The external light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Patches McWhiskers! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the food dishes on to catch Patches McWhiskers, but even if you did not see Patches McWhiskers eating, what would that prove? Nobody sees Patches McWhiskers, but that is no sign that there is no Patches McWhiskers. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Me too! Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Gargamel, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Patches McWhiskers! Thank God! he lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Gargamel, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

All my love,
Cyclonus

P.S. If you call us imaginary or plasic one more time, Gargamel, we're going to destroy your silly planet. Knock it off. No kidding. This time we mean it.

Wise Cyclonus,

Again, you speak truthfully. I suspected that Patches was real. Which means he REALLY did push an old woman down the stairs today (that Patches is a biggie!) Bad kitty!

Thank you for your sage advice. And now there are fairies on the lawn to watch.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:38 pm
...........methinks we take a similar medication.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:49 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
...........methinks we take a similar medication.

Speaking of "medication"...

I don't suppose you have any of that very special old pale medication lying about ?

What say you and I repair to the the library for a snifter or two...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 12:01 am
There was a discussion on the radio (On Point, NPR) about online gaming. You know, the kind of game where there's a virtual world with a cast of characters run by people like us, from all over the world. There's a community. Certain people tend to be on at the same time, people team up to slay the bad guys. There's a little text box on the side of the action and you can even enable voice communication.

Anyway.... Tom Ashbrook, of on point, said that these gaming communities were not the real world, that they were virtual. One of his guests was on the air over the phone and asked how it was different from that. Good question. While I don't agree that phone conversations parallel face-to-face chats, they aren't so far removed from what we do here.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 12:41 am
squinney wrote:
Um, You all are real, right?

Shall we have a go at solipsism?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 12:42 am
boomerang wrote:
I'm quite pleased with being Rosita!

Better start a "Spanish word of the day" thread.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:49:03