A2K virtual Friends

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 05:41 am
hmmmm...you sure he's not on a2k? maybe he just wanted to stay anonymous. i can think of a few members that could be him...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:06 am
Bip....Bip.....Bip......

I don't know why I did that, but I feel much better now.

I'm FAR too busy working hard at my desk, to think about A2K during the day. That's why I hardly post anything.

On the rare occasion that I DO post on A2K, I try to keep my material as intellectual as possible, as it does one good to stretch the mind, and I think that in some small way I inspire people to take life just that little bit more seriously, and even possibly, make that extra effort to better themselves.

As far as the people on A2K are concerned, I find that some are hilarious, some I would love to throttle and a small proportion that cause me to have a slight trembling sensation in the old saxifraga.

All in all, top hole, as far I am concerned.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:09 am
kickycan wrote:
I've met a few people from A2K. Devil-worshipping potheads, all of 'em.

That is just so wrong . . . my sweetiepie does not smoke pot . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:11 am
And what about you? Keep the focus on yourself Setanta, keep that focus on yourself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:12 am
I ain't never met that joker, Kick . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:16 am
I have met a number of people from A2K in person. They are all people with whom I could be friends in real life. What a great bunch!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:21 am
i know the boston and new york crowd. and ehbeth, of course, who's floating all over the eastern coast. don't see anyone as a 'virtual' friend. either someone is a friend, or not. and if they weren't, i wouldn't be hanging out here from dusk till dawn or vice versa on most days...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:30 am
BBB
It appears that a small migration of A2Kers to Albuquerque is underway. They are a sneaky bunch, driving at night without headlights so this new American Eden won't be discovered by others and ruin it. You have to know the secret handshake to get in.

BBB
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:31 am
....and another thing that amazes me, is how well these foreign chappies have mastered the English language!

Calamity Jane seems more American than German, and when Dag types slowly, one can, after reading and re-reading a couple of times, generally get her drift.

Well done to those continentals, that's what I say.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:32 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
It appears that a small migration of A2Kers to Albuquerque is underway. They are a sneaky bunch, driving at night without headlights so this new American Eden won't be discovered by others and ruin it. You have to know the secret handshake to get in.

BBB

I get in by visiting my relatives.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:34 am
Sturgis wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
BBB

You actually have relatives that will let you visit. Are they still taking their meds?

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:36 am
Bear/BVT found Abuzz first. Then I joined. Made it a lot easier to understand what he was talking about.

Then we made the switch to A2K. He did so before I did. (I tend to mourn longer.)

Now, I feel like I could sit at the kitchen table and chat for hours with most anyone on here. Even those I don't agree with in politics would be welcome.

Um, You all are real, right?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:38 am
I would not live in Nuevo Mexico again if ya put a gun to my head, least of all in albaturkey . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:38 am
Squinney, you and the Bear were at AFUZZ before this site ever existed . . . how come you actin' like you just met us?

EDIT: These jokers has ta be real, you couldn't make this sh!t up . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:40 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

You actually have relatives that will let you visit. Are they still taking their meds?

Actually you may have noticed how every so often the town floats into a deep slumber...it is then that I sneak in approaching from Sandia Peak Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:40 am
dagmaraka wrote:
ehbeth, of course, who's floating all over the eastern coast...

I've been having some landing gear problems ...

http://www.geocities.com/coleen24/LittleLulu/LuluBalloon.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:30 am
squinney wrote:
Um, You all are real, right?

My theory is that it's really just a handful here, posting under different names!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:47 am
kickycan wrote:
I've met a few people from A2K. Devil-worshipping potheads, all of 'em.

thats ok

your a girl
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 09:35 am
Gargamel, you are wrong. You have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. You do not believe except what you see. You think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by your little minds. All minds, Gargamel, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Gargamel, there is a Patches McWhiskers. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Patches McWhiskers! It would be as dreary as if there were no Gargamels. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The external light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Patches McWhiskers! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the food dishes on to catch Patches McWhiskers, but even if you did not see Patches McWhiskers eating, what would that prove? Nobody sees Patches McWhiskers, but that is no sign that there is no Patches McWhiskers. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Me too! Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Gargamel, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Patches McWhiskers! Thank God! he lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Gargamel, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

All my love,
Cyclonus

P.S. If you call us imaginary or plasic one more time, Gargamel, we're going to destroy your silly planet. Knock it off. No kidding. This time we mean it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:13 am
I like Cyclonus

He helped jump start my car that one time.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:48:26