Wish Me Luck

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 03:38 pm
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Bear))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 05:02 pm
Bear- Nexium is just super duper Prilosec. You can get Prilosec over the counter at Sam's Club for a little more than 50 cents apiece. It costs a bit more in a regular drugstore, but nothing like the price of Nexium.

I have never figured out why a prescription drug often becomes over the counter, as soon as the patent expires! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:05 pm
Probably because patents last for 25 years and by that time, they have something better to sell you.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:09 pm
Good luck, Bear. I'm sure that kind of crap is no fun.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:21 pm
Phoe is right about the super duper prilosec comparison. You have to be careful about just plain stopping a medication. I don't know if Nexium is one of them. Good luck!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:24 pm
I don't take nuttin' any longer, bear. Stay out of the political category and you'll be fine. Glad that you have insurance now, buddy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:58 pm
I will bet he (you, Bear, not to talk about you to you) has a six month wait for pre-existing conditions.

Counting...
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:07 pm
here's hoping a jolly fat man, or lean-mean elf, brings you better health.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:30 pm
My best wishes to you and your family, bear, next door to johnboy in Virginia. I know that it is not your style, but take things slow and easy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:35 pm
I'm with you, Bear. Well...actually I'm not literally with you, but you know, I mean in spirit, I'm with you...of course, you know I'm not literally with you, because you're where you are, and you see that I'm not there, but I just wnated to let you know that I feel your pain...well, actually, I don't literally feel your pain, because you know, that would be impossible, wouldn't it? I mean, if it's your pain, then how the hell...

...anyway, get well, my virtual friend. I'm pulling for you...well, actually, er, ah forget it...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:50 pm
Kicky, "virtual friend?"

I thought, you virtually had no friends.

Confusion of Engrish. Solly.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:52 pm
Like I said before, you funny funny man.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:57 pm
Ah, relief is in sight. The new insurance kicks in (at last!), the pain goes away, and suddenly the doctor has time to see you, instead of sending the PA. And good luck! It never hurts to be lucky.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:01 pm
Blueveinedthrobber,

I didn't read all of these posts so I don't know if anyone else said anything about this.

My husband had a kind of surgery for something like this. He takes Prilosec OTC now and it works just as good as the Prevacid and Nexium that had once been prescribed and he has absolutely no side effects from it.

I sure hope you feel better soon. I know how miserable my husband felt when he was having these problems.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 03:59 pm
Wish me luck
Pancreatitis is the pits. As I recall, one of its prime immediately obvious diagnostic features is incredible pain. I just hope I never feel anything like it again!

Now to your problem - Nexium is Prilosec with a tweak. The patent on Prilosec was about to expire, so they fiddled a little with the formula, but the active ingredient is unchanged. That leads me to guess that if Prilosec doesn't help, neither will Nexium.

Personally, I tried Prevacid and then Prilosec, but ended up with Protonix which works the best for me. Unfortunately, my insurance has dropped Protonix from its prreferred list in favor of Nexium; I can still get it, but at twice the copay yet.

I hate Big Pharma.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wish Me Luck
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/14/2024 at 02:19:03