Wish Me Luck

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:44 am
I haven't mentioned this because there is really no point but the abdominal pain I experienced after my surgery has never gone away. It's now just a constant companion that I've grown used to like a third limb or something. Sometimes it puts me down, sometimes its merely a distraction, but it never goes away.

Now I learn that one of the side effects of Nexium is abdominal pain. I still have the heartburn, although admittedly not as badly but if I'm going to have heartburn anyway then I'm quitting the 170.00 a month abdominal pain causing medication and see what happens.

As far as advice to see the doctor, they have already checked and probed every milli inch of my body and found nothing wrong, so I'm not spending any more money until my health insurance, which we just purchased, kicks in.

Today is my first day without and so far so good. I actually feel a little better.

Wish me luck, I'm really tired of this ****.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,170 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:46 am
Good luck dude.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:01 am
spending 170 a month on medicine would give me abdominal pain too

good luck man
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:20 am
sorry if I have kept up in the past, a couple ?'s

You don't have any insurance now?

The Nexium is out of pocket expense?

There are other medications that might work better.

Don't let the heartburn get away with you. Seriously. The erosion of your esphophgus could cause permanent damage, even cancer.

When does your health insurance start?

I'm glad you're okay today. Like, when you realize, "hey, nothing hurts right at this second." If feels like paradise.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:33 am
I'm sorry to hear you're still having such trouble, Bear. I think I'd do the same thing you're doing...stop the Nexium and see what happens.

Echoing Chai...when does your insurance kick in?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:34 am
Good Luck
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:37 am
Luck
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:49 am
Take care man. May crazielady (avatar) come down your chimney and take away all of your holiday pain.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:49 am
Insurance! Finally! That is good news.

Good luck!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:57 am
Good luck for sure.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:02 pm
BVT, What kind of surgery did you have? GastroIntestinal? They won't allow PM's for me yet, but I have had EXTENSIVE adominal surgery over the past two years and may be able to add some insight.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:09 pm
gall bladder removal and pancreatitis. Many complications.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:12 pm
Shocked
insurance???

> doing the fuzzy wolf dance <

'bout 'dern time !

If I were to wish you luck, you better by a lottery ticket.
Ill wish you good health instead...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:14 pm
Good luck, Bear.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:24 pm
I see Nexius does have abdominal pain as a side affect. The pain you're suffering ... could it be coming from the actual surgery itself. I went though another round in July, and I'm still experiencing pain from spots they have sewn up. I perforated a diverticula in 2003. Ended up with peritonitis of course. They had to do a colostomy. This year I have had four operations for both hernias and more gastro. Ended up taking down the colostomy, but there was major cutting involved. Lots of scarring and the like. Have the doctors said that they think the pain you are experiencing could be caused by the Nexium
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:31 pm
Good luck, BVT. I can sympathise.

I cut out some of the drugs that they had me on at one stage. I felt a lot better.

Keep a close watch though........
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:34 pm
Bear, heartburn is hell. It can be anything from a dull ache to something attune to a heart attack. I don't know how through your doctor was in guiding you on your new heartburn diet but here are some pointers if he didn't.

Stay away from caffeine, alcohol and garlic. Coffee, even if decaffeinated, can cause pain. Dairy will exacerbate it so keep your milk and butter intake low. Mint can bother it so stay away from mint flavored gums and candies.

Basically, if it tastes good, spit it out.

In a few days, just by monitoring your diet, you should begin to feel better. Until then, antiacids do help with the stomach aches until your other meds kick in. I was taking Nexium for a time and it helped me a lot. But just like anything else, it doesn't work for everyone.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 02:57 pm
When ever I hear something like this I think of the Seinfield episode when Kramer is watching an abdominal surgery and he accidentally flips a junior mint into the open patient. No one notices and they just close it up.

Good luck Blue.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 03:18 pm
Take good care, Ed.

Maybe some belly rubs would help?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 03:28 pm
Strangely enough I was thinking about you and what you were going through just the other day. Sorry to hear you're still having trouble, Bear.

I'm glad to hear you've got some insurance kicking in soon. It's expensive but, as you know all too well, it's tough getting sick without it.

I hope the next few weeks bring improvement to your pain and, like Bella said, maybe you can control the heartburn somewhat through diet.

Take care and best wishes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wish Me Luck
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/14/2024 at 02:24:45