Miniature Golf Course on Terror Target List

Reyn

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:08 pm
Miniature Golf Course on Terror Target List

San Jose officials are still wondering how a miniature golf course landed on a federal list of the most attractive terrorist targets.

Local officials said Thursday they were shocked to learn that Emerald Hills Golfland, a three-acre theme park with two miniature golf courses, had been placed on a Homeland Security watch list.

"The moment we realized it was on the list, it was taken off," said San Jose police officer Rubens Dalaison, who handles "critical infrastructure assessment" for the department. "I myself took it off."

But the list remains secret, and even San Jose Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, who is the ranking minority member of a House subcommittee on terrorism risk assessment, said she did not know whether it is still listed.

"We had a subcommittee hearing with department officials before Thanksgiving and I asked, `What's going on with the list?' and they couldn't answer," she said. "I do not know if Golfland is on the list today or not. It's so embarrassing."

Source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 371 • Replies: 8
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:31 pm
Probably the tiny nuclear reactors....
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:59 am
Or the hidden bunkers.....

I HAVE heard that Muslim fundamentalists are seriously offended by three foot high windmills that swipe one's golfball out of the way.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 02:36 am
Were screwed.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:20 am
Oh, those Homeland Security Department hijinks!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:29 am
That's too funny. I just played there the other day, and there were miniature terrorists running all over the place, otherwise known as children.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:27 am
hehe, I just knew you guys would like this one! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:01 pm
This is an outrage!!!!!!! What we need is a new agency to protect the nations miniature golf courses.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:42 am
Agency?! This is the BUSH administration, Amigo! Hell, make it a whole department and a Cabinet position! It's only money...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Miniature Golf Course on Terror Target List
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:23:03