IBanking vs Entrepreneurship

werthn

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 12:26 am
Hello,

I'm currently at the crossroad where I need to decide soon what i want to do for the rest of my life. most of my friends are going into ibanking or consulting...well, because it earns big bucks...

but my dream is to be a big business owner some day.

of course, i have the usual...reluctant parents, a lil self doubt, etc. so what do you think i should do?

join the flow? or take the risk?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 875 • Replies: 1
No top replies

nighthawk

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:24 am
why not both?

I also want to one day be running my own business, but I feel first its better to get in the industry of your choice and gain some hands on experience, see exactly how things are done, and most importantly pick up a few contacts.

If you start now you will know noone, but if you work in the industry you will have plenty of contacts that you can either bring onboard as employees, ask for advice, or possibly gain contracts off.

Depending on the nature of your business, you might also be able to get it up and running while you continue working for someone else, you can then step down if it takes off, or close the business down without losing anything if it doesnt.
0 Replies