Viking blood

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:01 am
"Where the F**K did we park the damned boat?!" Blacksmithn the Red, just before being set upon and slain by vengeful Englishmen (approx. 878 A.D.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:07 am
To destroy my enemies, to drive them before me, to hear the lamentations of the vimmin . . .

-- Conan the Governator . . . er, Barbarian
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:11 am
William was late to the party. Vikings had been raiding England and then settling there for a couple of hundred years before him:

From about 800 AD, waves of Viking assaults on the coastlines of the British Isles were gradually followed by a succession of settlers. These enclaves rapidly expanded, and soon the Viking warriors were establishing areas of control of such extent that they might reasonably be described as kingdoms.

"The reasons for these wave of immigrations are complex and bound to the political situation in Scandinavia at that time; moreover, they occurred at a time when the Viking forces were also establishing their presence in the Hebrides, in the Orkneys, the Faroe Islands, in Iceland, in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine (see Kievan Rus')."

(from "Danelaw" at wikipedia.co

jeez, never thought I'd get an historical essay, even a cut and paste one, in before setanta did.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:21 am
Frankly, the topic rather bores me . . . but the silly remarks always lure me back . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:37 am
Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:47 am
Viking Immigrants (Download Note: free MacroMedia Flash required, broadband suggested)
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:47 am
"Can we kill him now?" Blacksmithn the Red to Leif One-Eyed, referring to Ethelbert the Untuneful, the laryngitis suffering minstrel of Egbert, King of Umbria.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:54 am
Can't respond at the moment, since I'm in serious talks with Mathilde the Always Ready for Anything momentarily.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:57 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Can't respond at the moment, since I'm in serious talks with Mathilde the Always Ready for Anything momentarily.
Go Walter, you madman! :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Viking blood
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:20:34