Why Americans like Panda ?

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:17 pm
doesn't that describe most of the inhabitants of australia
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:23 pm
We had a new Panda baby at our local zoo last month.

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/ex_panda_station.html
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:28 pm
Gargamel wrote:
coluber2001 wrote:
Anthropomorphism plays a role here. Pandas sit up and stand up like people as other bears do, the coloration adds to the charm too. Generally, any animal that has human traits, either physically or behaviorally, is more appealing to humans than otherwise. Animals that are least like humans are the most disparaged, eg, snakes and insects.

On top of that, the young of animals are even more appealing because they have the attributes of infantile humans: short snout, weak chin, relatively big eyes etc.

Anthropomorphism is not a bad thing; I love cute, cuddly animals too, but I also love the not-so-cuddly ones like snakes and insects.

Mickey Mouse started out more mouselike, but over the years became anthropomorphized. He aquired a shorter snout, shorter limbs, and bigger head, all infantile features. Remember Casper the friendly ghost; he was exactly like an infant; no wonder his harmless appeal.

True. I love Koalas. And Koalas get stoned on eucalyptus leaves and rape each other.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:14 pm
djjd62 wrote:
doesn't that describe most of the inhabitants of australia

Only when their beer gets warm :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:25:34