What are you allergic to?

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 06:49 pm
I think my cat allergy is to cat saliva, which gets on the skin and becomes dander..

which I understand, sort of like dandruff!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:36 pm
Certain adhesives and plasticizers.

Can't use band-aids, so if I get a cut on my finger, for example, I have to wrap it in gauze -- makes the most minor thing look major. Laughing

Shoe shopping is hell. Evil or Very Mad Vinyl has been perfected to look like leather, and if I get vinyl next to my feet they swell up, itch, break out and finally the skin peels off. Takes about 2 weeks for it to clear up. And even if the packaging says something like "all leather uppers" there is often some vinyl components. It's always a treat to see the impatient or stupid expression on the salesclerk's face when I ask about the vinyl.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:39 pm
I bet.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:54 pm
Wow, tico, I've never heard of a vinyl allergy before. You have my sympathies. It's everywhere.

I have asthma and I'm allergic to everything with fur or feathers, plus wool, dust, dust mites, mold, various grasses & pollens. I was tested as a child and was given a lengthy list of foods to never eat again. Ha! They were wrong. I did have a problem with Chinese food for a while, probably MSG. Wine and sometimes all alcohol are not good for me when I'm already wheezing. Same with second-hand cigarette smoke. Not a problem unless I'm already in trouble. I've never tried first-hand cigarette smoke, and I don't think I'll be trying it in this lifetime.

Also allergic to aspirin and sulfa drugs.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 06:34 am
Cause: Dust Dust and Dust

Effects: snizzing, sore and red eyes and ultimately caughing.

Remedy: Have to live with it. Can't run away from dust.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 07:50 am
Tico wrote:
Certain adhesives and plasticizers.

Can't use band-aids, so if I get a cut on my finger, for example, I have to wrap it in gauze -- makes the most minor thing look major. Laughing

Me too!!! I totally forgot about that. It's the adhesive since I know it isn't latex or anything like that. I have the same reaction to the paper tape they use for people allergic to latex. I get very red and then the skin gets sore and peels like it's really really dry. It's gross.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
Oh yea and poison ivy... and sumac....

and I had an allergic reaction to KFC twice.... but I am not sure what caused it

If you're severely allergic to poison ivy you might avoid, or at least be careful of mangos, cashews, and pistachios since they're all in the same family.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:47 pm
coluber2001 wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

and I had an allergic reaction to KFC twice.... but I am not sure what caused it

If you're severely allergic to poison ivy you might avoid, or at least be careful of mangos, cashews, and pistachios since they're all in the same family.

cashews, mangos and pistachios have poison ivy in them Question Shocked

Not severly allergic, just get all itchy and get the rash.. especially when I was little... I swear I could go all bundled up and walk through a field with the ivy in it and break out in a rash all over... no fun at all
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:52 pm
terrible allergy to all the meds I'm taking for my heart (stroke) condition. My "cure" may kill me.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:08 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
coluber2001 wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

Not severly allergic, just get all itchy and get the rash.. especially when I was little... I swear I could go all bundled up and walk through a field with the ivy in it and break out in a rash all over... no fun at all

People severly allergic to poison ivy often are allergic to related plants, that is, those in the same family.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:12 pm
coluber2001 wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
coluber2001 wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

People severly allergic to poison ivy often are allergic to related plants, that is, those in the same family.

well then good thing I don't like mango's or cashews or pistachios... and I don;t think I have ever eaten any of the three
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:16 pm
{{{{{oh....Dys}}}}}
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:26 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
well then good thing I don't like mango's or cashews or pistachios... and I don;t think I have ever eaten any of the three

Shocked , you've never eaten a cashew or pistachio nut, poor girl

and mangoes, mmmm, mangoes (we need a drooling smiley)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:33 pm
djjd62 wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

Shocked , you've never eaten a cashew or pistachio nut, poor girl

and mangoes, mmmm, mangoes (we need a drooling smiley)

Nope.. unless they were fed to me when I was a baby.... I like those honey peanuts or something like that... I can't remember the name right now...

and now I have the urge for pickles.... don't ask
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:35 pm
what kind of pickles?

i could go from a realy nice deli garlic dill pickle right about now

and a reuben sandwich
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:36 pm
one of those big ones you get at deli's. Mmmm.....
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:40 pm
I want those tasty ones, I can't remember the name... but dill will satisfy my needs also....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:21:55