What are you allergic to?

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:57 am
Just curious to see common and uncommon allergies

I am allerigic to penicillin and amoxicillian... and most other antibotics get me very sick....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Chai

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:06 pm
Nuh-uh

I'm not tellin' cause then I'll start getting suspectious envelopes in the mail.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:00 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Nuh-uh

I'm not tellin' cause then I'll start getting suspectious envelopes in the mail.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:11 pm
Shell fish
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:50 pm
Sulfa, codeine and floxin and all duratives of them. Penicillin always. Milk on and off. I am one of those people who will be in trouble should I become resistant to newer antibiotics.

Taking a sulfa drug caused a reaction and I swelled up like a balloon. One of the scariest moments of my life. I woke up and felt like my mouth was stuffed with cotton and when I looked, my tongue was as fat as a sausage, my eyes, ears lips....everything, were swollen. I was pretty out of it. I am very diligent about making sure it's listed everywhere that I am allergic. I was young so I don't remember if they classified me as having an anaphylactic reaction but I sure don't want to have one now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:58 pm
Mold, dust mites, cats, sometimes dogs, guinea pigs, rabbits;
I used to break out in a rash when I pruned my leptospermum (australian tea tree) bush.

I was allergic to 64 items back when I was tested for all this a long time ago. Some of the positive results don't seem to matter - olive trees, for example, and various grasses. Some do... I go into major sniffles and sometimes asthma around cats. Which is too bad, since I love cats. I am pretty glad I am not particularly allergic to my present dog...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:02 pm
What the heck was I writing...misspell derivative ....

I forgot to mention that I am not allergic to any "things" in the air except dust mites, which almost everyone is allergic to at least a bit.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:08 pm
Oh yea and poison ivy... and sumac....

and I had an allergic reaction to KFC twice.... but I am not sure what caused it
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:21 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:

and I had an allergic reaction to KFC twice.... but I am not sure what caused it

The chicken place?

I can't eat there either. Several people I know get very sick when they eat there.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:22 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

The chicken place?

I can't eat there either. Several people I know get very sick when they eat there.

Yup the chicken place... I used to eat it when I was younger, but I ate it and all of a sudden my throat got tight and I had trouble breathing... and I thought nothing of it.... so i tried it again a few weeks later and it happened much worse... so I guess they changed their spices or something
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:24 pm
Hm. I get REALLY sick when I eat it. Throwing up, diarrhea, the works. It's awful.

Same for Arby's.

Blech..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:51 pm
Mold, dust mites, most pollen, particularly trees, cat dander, nickel, I think that's it. Oddly enough, I'm not allergic to poison ivy or bee stings, at least not the last time I checked.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:59 pm
Coconut
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:10 pm
I am allergic to wool. It makes me break out in eczema. This makes it difficult to buy a suit. I went into a mens suit store in Boston and could not find a non-wool suit. I explained to the salesman that I am allergic to wool. He whips out a suit and says. This one doesn't have MUCH wool".

I said, "I am allergic to wool. I am allergic to a LITTLE wool".

I had to go somewhere else to buy my suit.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:10 pm
I am also not allergic to poison ivy. I have rolled in the stuff and not gotten it.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:13 pm
I have an allergic reaction to anti-biotics...
and Mussels, yet any other shellfish is fine.....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:39 pm
i'm allergic to the crap that grows in may & august... and i've been told from time to time that i must be allergic to work Smile
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:45 pm
Early spring tree pollen burns my eyes and chokes me a bit. I'm also allergic to bill paying...I can tell because I get sick to the stomach when I have to pay them.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:58 pm
probably have some seasonal allergies but never really found out, other than that nothing that i know of
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 05:13 pm
Cats (or more specifically, cat fur)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are you allergic to?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 11:14:54