No top replies

mac11

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:34 pm
Looks good! Thanks, BBB...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 12:28 am
Google searching by image instead of text
The following is another Google search method that I find useful. It searches by image instead of text.

http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en

How do I use image search?

To use image search, simply type your query in the image search box and click the "Search" button or hit "Enter" on your keyboard. When you see the results page, click on the thumbnail version of the picture you want to view. This displays a larger version of the image, as well as the page on which the original image is located.
How do I prevent seeing inappropriate mature content?

Google's Image Search defaults to using an mature content filter on your initial search. The filter removes many adult images but it can't guarantee that all such content will be filtered out. To turn off this filter, click on the link that says "mature content filter is on". (The mature content filter is only available from an English interface.)

There is no way to ensure with 100% accuracy that all mature content will be removed from image search results using filters.

FOR EXAMPLE, when I enter "Washington Monument" the following images appeared:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Washington+Monument&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

-----BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies