Getting older doesn't necessarily mean smarter!

Reyn

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 06:38 pm
The lady in this article sets a heck of an example for the various kids in her family. Mad

....."It was a lark, it wasn't any serious stealing," Voiers told the Lovely County Citizen newspaper of Eureka Springs......

Grandmother Charged in Baby Jesus Theft
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 385 • Replies: 6
No top replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 05:19 am
"Getting older doesn't necessarily mean smarter!" This is true Reyn, in the case you just stated, and many other ways too.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 05:31 am
Re: Getting older doesn't necessarily mean smarter!
Not smarter but wiser. I think most adults actually get dumber! Loss of brain cells from too much smoking and drinking over the years. But definitely wiser. Adults have the advantage of learning from past experiences. I realize that the dumb adults thing isn't the actual point of your post. That woman was probably just getting senile. Kind of ironic stealing the baby jesus, a religious icon. Well, someone that would steal something like that would probably just as likely steel a troll doll.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 05:38 am
If they are dumber, they are definitely NOT wiser!
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 05:50 am
AngeliqueEast wrote:
If they are dumber, they are definitely NOT wiser!

Not true,

smart Characterized by sharp quick thought; bright. Synonyms: intelligent.

wise Having the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; sagacious: a wise leader.

They are two different things.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 05:55 am
How can you say that they, can be dumb and wise at the same time. You said dumb, not me. A dumb adult is not a wise one to me.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 06:00 am
AngeliqueEast wrote:
How can you say that they, can be dumb and wise at the same time. You said dumb, not me. A dumb adult is not a wise one to me.

Sure you can. You can be lacking in intelligence, unable to do simple math or spell three letter words and still make wise choices.

Anyway, I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing. Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Getting older doesn't necessarily mean smarter!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:25:37