Read the Hobbit in One Minute!

cobalt

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 10:23 am
Ok, the folks that already looked at the link I supplied in the film forum may have an idea what this post is about...

Yes, the companion site to Movie-A-Minute is:

http://www.rinkworks.com/bookaminute/
Movie-A-Minute

Just think, Gone With the Wind in one minute flat, condensed! LOL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,420 • Replies: 8
No top replies

blatham

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 10:58 am
In one of Woody's films, he remarked that he'd done a course in speed-reading and had polished off War and Peace in twenty minutes. He further clarified, explaining, "It's about Russia."
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 11:09 am
This link provides a resource that is like "Cliff's Notes - Extreme". I doubt any high schoolers would consult this one for help with their book reports. Now, I have to go back and see how Moby Dick fared... maybe I should check Hawaii, The Canterbury Tales, and do you suppose the Bible is listed? LOL
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2002 08:50 am
Sorry to be a spoil sport, but the listings weren't even fun to me. I checked several books with I am intimately familiar, and the few sentences don't do it. I suspect they really aren't meant to, but....

A one-paragraph summary for the books would be better (still hard to do). I suspect the site isn't to be taken seriously.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2002 05:03 pm
You merely suspect this, Bermbits?
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2002 09:08 pm
You never know....
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 12:22 am
Ah Bermbits! Not a comic reader either? I luv comix, cartoons, anime, farce. parody, these sites... Um, I even like a good bumper sticker. Must be shallow - ? Ah, maybe if you go into a site knowing it is just for funsies and then it IS more fun? Who knows! However, I do believe there are more folks like you than I, so your comments are interesting to me. Perhaps one day I will understand more of humanity than I do.

Well, at least I have fun online and so enjoy talking with everyone. As a card-carrying Unitarian - Universalist, talking is the thing. Um, 'we' aren't known for singing in unison either. But, hey, we can talk and we can drink coffee!

Well, interesting to see the comments thus far. Wonder if anyone else will pick up on this thread? Hey, edgar, dlowan, Aa, sozobe and all - you hoo! LOL,

cobalt
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:11 pm
Hmmm
I think I have gotten old in my middle age. I used to love comics, Mad magazine, Sick, Cracked, etc. I think I was spoiled when someone several years ago tried to capture more of the true essence of a work in a one-minute read and actually succeeded. Then, another teacher (still years ago) brought in comic books of Shakespeare for the lower-level' students. Yes, they got the plots but not the beauty of the language. The site in question here I believe I took more seriously than I should have.

Anyhow, that's it for now. (I just happened to think how hard it is for the writer who does the dust jacket blurbs - now that's tough!)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:16 pm
Another good site for chuckles...although the movie one made me chuckle more...
why is that you think?

Wink

Life is too short to be taken seriously and too serious to take shortly
0 Replies