What would you like you epitaph to be?

Montana

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:46 am
I'm going to be cremated as well Sofia.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:31 am
Cremation is my choice as but if I could choose an epitaph I would like it to read, Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 10:10 am
He came. He went. c.i.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 10:13 am
joanne and i will burn together Wink
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 10:39 am
I would liked it to be as follows:

0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:46 am
Lots of good ones again

New Haven wrote:
Mine may say: "Never again"!

Really like this one New Haven Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:55 am
Jesus Christ, Where in heavens are You? c.i.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:30 pm
steissd wrote:
C.I., I am sorry, but your last posting may sound offensive for the religious feelings of Christians: the name of the Savior, IMO, should not be coupled with the Hell in the same sentence, even as a joke.

Well, I edit my own posting as well, since C.I. has changed the dubious word in his.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:59 pm
steissd, You're absolutely correct; I have edited soon enough, I hope. Thanks for the head's up! c.i.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:59 pm
if we limited our posts what would not be offensive to someone we would have nothing to say.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:06 pm
dyslexia wrote:
if we limited our posts what would not be offensive to someone we would have nothing to say.

I do not think so. We may disagree with religious approaches of anyone, but abstain from blasphemy.
Thanks, C.I., for changing your posting to non-insulting one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:10 pm
dys, I'm sure what you say is true, but I try not to be offensive in any of my posts. It's one thing to express religious beliefs, but another to deprecate another's. I'm glad people out there are willing to bring it to our attention when we pass that fence. c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:12 pm
For me, it is a toss-up between 'Finally someone else is now responsible for my debts' and 'If you can read this on my tombstone, you are definately too close.' 'Keep on truckin' and 'I'm with stupid' may also be options...generally though, a cool epitaph isn't nearly as great as the people you loved remembering you in their own way, and spreading the word about you to future generations. That for me would be the best epitaph of all. Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:15 pm
blasphemy=An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.
frankly i do not consider any topic to be inviolable or sacrosanct, i have certainly read on this forum equal remarks made about atheists. what goes around comes around.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 02:47 pm
Quote:
'I'm with stupid'
I think my mum would like this on her headstone Very Happy
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 02:49 pm
dyslexia, while I agree with the sentiment about ones personal views on what is irreverent or sacrosanct we still don't intentionally intend to offend people, we may do indirectly by voicing our opinion but I would hope that it would never be intentionally....

dEk
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 02:59 pm
i highly doubt that C.I. showed any intention to offend anyone
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:02 pm
Yep I know, that's why he changed his post....

I was just agreeing with both sides Wink
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:22 pm
Remember I said I believed in reincarnation?
I'm that bird who just flew by and **** on your head!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:44 pm
Hey, Heeven, You knew me when we visited Washington DC when our kids were young (and so were we). A bird hit me square on the head.... Wink Hello, again, you dirty bird, you. c.i.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 02:51:35