• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 714 • Replies: 15
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:58 pm
Quote:
"I happened to be driving south when the call went out, and lo and behold, off to the west there was this man bouncing through the cornfield with his ponytail flopping in the breeze," said Kurt Taraba, a police officer in the suburb of Southern View.

He could have made it, if he hadn't taken the shortcut through the cornfield.

Get it - Short Cut - lawnmower, oh, never mind.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 11:03 pm
Hey, that's very good! Laughing
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 06:03 am
Thats a funny story Reyn Laughing

http://www.ancientworlds.net/aworlds_media/ibase_1/00/08/32/00083223_000.gif
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 10:20 am
Yeah, I was trying to mentally picture it in my mind. I'm betting the police had a good laugh with this one. :wink:
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 10:27 am
I'm speechless. Why was this guy walking around unsupervised to begin with? I mean, suppose he needed to cross the street or something? Anybody not suffering from some sort of crippling disease can outwalk a riding lawn-mower. Anyone with an IQ above the double-digit level knows this.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 10:49 am
roger wrote:
He could have made it, if he hadn't taken the shortcut through the cornfield.

Get it - Sh ort Cut - lawnmower, oh, never mind.

This guy didn't know how to hide in plain sight. He should have made as if he were mowing a lawn. An example: I once worked on a land survey crew and the crew chief and I had to go into Providence RI to pick up a piece of equipment. We made a wrong turn and found ourselves driving down a section of streets that had been turned into a pedestrian mall. Up ahead was a work crew and a police officerÂ… panic!!!Â….what do??? The chief stopped the pickup and said "Get out and set up the instrument" (transit) "What? " I replied. "Do it" he said between clenched teeth. So I sat up the transit. We took several sightings and tapped them. The chief scribbled some notes in his book. We got back in the truck, drove past the office who waved us through with a smile, got back on the street and got the h**l out of town.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 10:52 am
You don't even know if it was stolen. The redneck, er, I mean, man, had a hand-written bill of sale.

Poor guy is just out testing his new pimp ride.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 11:15 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
I'm speechless. Why was this guy walking around unsupervised to begin with? I mean, suppose he needed to cross the street or something? Anybody not suffering from some sort of crippling disease can outwalk a riding lawn-mower. Anyone with an IQ above the double-digit level knows this.

Are you sure? I mean look at this:

http://www.loggersjubilee.com/images/Lawnmower/lmower1.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 11:25 am
I see people in the streets with their Hoverrounds all the time, here in Tomball. I mean, I'm half afraid to drive my pick up and they're in these dinky little toys in the same traffic.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 01:35 pm
Some of these souped up lawnmowers can do a pretty fast clip!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 01:56 pm
http://www.letsmow.com/FAQ.html#q13

"The speeds vary by class. Stock classes may only go about 6 to 8 miles per hour. The Prepared (modified) has been known to go as fast as 85 mph, however on the track they only do 35 to 40 mph. FX (factory experimental) can reach speeds of 60 mph on the track."

85 in a mower? Pretty scary with those tiny wheels & tires.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 02:18 pm
Imagine cutting the lawn in record-breaking time!
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 05:34 am
Reyn Laughing

It was a total breakdown of lawn order.

Embarrassed
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 05:35 am
LOL
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 10:20 am
goodfielder wrote:
Reyn Laughing

It was a total breakdown of lawn order.

Embarrassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Now that is a classic, my good man! Very good!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Man flees police in a stolen riding lawnmower
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:31:10