Satanic messages in songs?!?

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:21 am
boomer- Are you familiar with Bruno Bettleheim's book, "The Uses of Enchantment". Here Bettleheim, from a psychoanalytic framework, analyzes fairy tales as a means with which children are able to work through various conflicts that emerge during various stages of maturation.

http://laika.pop.indiana.edu/abstracts/ENG/L390w/2001-03-01/lesson1/discussion6.php
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:42 am
Interesting Phoenix! Thanks.

I have a great new word from that too: bibliotherapy. From now on I am no longer simply "reading", which everyone around here thinks if an interruptable activity, I will be having my "bibliotherapy".

I'm going to look for that book.

Noddy is the one who put me on to making up stories to help Mo deal with some of his weird stuff. I usually let Mo add details and over the years the stories have evolved in an interesting way. I'll need to think on this in light of the ideas Bettleheim is describing.

Mo's favorite books and movies are Thomas the Train stories. The trains are sometimes mean and petty and egotistical and bullys and all around jerks. They hurt each other's feelings and they plain old hurt each other. They don't all end up friends at the end of every episode.

At first I was kind of appalled at the nastiness and violence of Thomas and the gang but considered with the insipid sweetness of all other popular characters I finally figured out it made a nice balance.
0 Replies

Mirage

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 11:10 am
yes, you found what I watched in that show in the discussion we started here http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60336&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

I believe that's true and that is only one example of this kind of messages.

Also, it is interesting that when the singer sings the part about paths in your life(two of them, and not reversed) and that you can always change yours, they say that is directly against what Chissus said in Bible. Therefore, they made a stan message both reversed and not reversed.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 05:26 pm
Addicted to Madge.. arrgh make it stop. Must have some form of subliminal messages in her songs tis the only explanation
0 Replies

the dragon lives

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:11 pm
hey, is DRAGONFORCE satanic in lyrics?
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:39 am
no

Dragonforce is just like obsessed with myths and dragons and stuff. Theyre not evil.

Great band though.
0 Replies

natewindsor

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 09:31 am
American pilots during the Vietnam War apparently used to take LSD to cope with the fact that they were killing hundreds of people. And another fact for you...
Apparently once you take LSD it stays in your system for the rest of your life and can kick in at any time...
Shocked
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 09:32 am
Well now that explains a few things......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:41 pm
It explains nothing, it only exemplifies the credulity of individuals . . .
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:57 pm
Setanta wrote:
It explains nothing, it only exemplifies the credulity of individuals . . .

Ughhh,it's kicking in again.......Wow.......Peace man Smile
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:13 pm
As a Satanist, I can attest that playing songs backwards will not yeild 'satanic lyrics'
Doing so may, however, produce a fresh batch of christian hysteria.....
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 11:24 pm
You don't have to be Christian to have hysteria over things that seem strange. Trust me. Wink
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:45 pm
boomerang wrote:
I'm too busy watching The Wizard of Oz and listening to Pink Floyd to pay much attention to backward ****, man.

Everyone knows Jesus hates Led Zepplin anyway.

Boomer, I've done the Pnk Floyd/Wizard of Oz thing and you'd be staounded

Start dark side of the moon at the same moment the lion roars for the third time in the opening credits, and that grass he suggested might even make you enjoy it more. As for me, I was completely sober when I watched it and I was astounded. Make sure you mute the movie while doing it.
0 Replies