ANYBODY GOT A CHURCH KEY ?

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 04:47 pm
Hey, come on, who's got the church key? I hate canned beer--if you jokers hadda thought about it, you'da got long necks, then we could open 'em with my zippo . . . which reminds me, i need a flint.

Hey, Bubba, go over there an' crank up the Nash-Rambler, will ya? Then we can listen to the radio, an i can get a light. To bad you can't take a record player with ya when ya go campin' . . . here, here, wait Jimmy, tear up that Sears and Roebuck, and use that to start the fire . . .

Man, ain't it great . . . all the conveniences of home, here in the wilds . . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,248 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 04:50 pm
I see you've taken a laptop out to the Appalacheans with you, Set.

Anyone bring a fiddle?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 04:52 pm
I always carry one in my backpack.

(the churchkey, not the fiddle)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 04:54 pm
Good work, Sturgis . . . you gotta flashlight in there? I need to check this catfish in the skillet here . . . the beans is almost ready . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 04:57 pm
It's one of those mini-flashlights but it does the job...here ya go...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 04:59 pm
Man, that flashlight is small . . . why, that can't be more than six or eight inches long . . . i heard they got some a them new resistor, re- . . . transistor, that's it, some a them new radios at the Green Stamp store . . . claim they fit in your pocket . . . i'll believe that when i see it . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:02 pm
Yup... real right dandy little item, fits in the pocket and sends out a sound that'll shut the crickets off of their chirping so ya can get some sleep.

Also receives most radio stations...and I used Plaid Stamps,
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:03 pm
I've got a can of beans, three cigarettes and just enough instant coffee to go round once.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:05 pm
Where'd you ever find a Plaid Stamp outlet?

You know, i heard that they got these little Schlitz Malt Liquor cans, and you don't need no church key. Way i heard, there's this ring on top, and you pull it, and it opens the can. That would be really cool, eh?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:11 pm
They got Plaid Stamp stores here and there but it sure enough is a bit out of the way...got one just past Poultney over near Whitehall over across the border...

Nice thing 'bout them thar ring tops you can loop 'em together an' make some right fine necklaces and bracelets for your loved ones.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:14 pm
I ain't never seen one . . . that's why i always have a church key with me--in the glove box of the Nash . . . don't know what the Hell i did with it though, it's always in there . . . 'til tonight . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:17 pm
wash the windows, check the tires, check the oil and a dollar gas, please.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:18 pm
That's the spirit, Boss . . . hey, you ain't got a flint i can use in my zippo, do ya . . . otherwise, i gotta run over to the Nash ever time i wanna light one of these Luckys . . .
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 06:24 pm
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:32 am
Hey, Set. The jazz boys called it a drunk wrench, but it can also be used to open baby coke bottles. Fancy that.

Happy Thanksgiving to all:

http://perfectflyer.com/Thanksgiving.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:44 am
Happy whatever to you to Miss Lettybettyhettygetty . . . imagine, that wonderful doggy, bein' forced to consort with a mere cat . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:26 am
Ok, then. Happy Merekat day to you all.

http://www.jessiandmatt.net/albums/Melbourne/IMG_3090.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:43 am
Ah, we can always count on Miss Lettybettyhettygetty to pick up on the subtleties . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:54 am
I love meerkats, but the rest of you are simply insane.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 07:05 am
ellpus looking rather morose in that funeral suit with that little guitar that he leans on his shoulder godknowswhy among the bunch of you plain folk.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ANYBODY GOT A CHURCH KEY ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:33:20