Song of the Day 2 (still on the first post)

sublime1

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 11:12 pm
Good soundtrack tunes JP.

I have been wanting to get the Desperado soundtrack for a while, is the rest as good?

As for a suggestion just keep doing what your doing, great job without me mucking it up.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 05:09 am
Oooh, I like Nina Simone. Gotta get me that album.

Hey there, sublime!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 05:12 am
El Chicano is or was a good band...they just lost out to Santana.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 07:48 pm
Hi there Dag, Nina Simone has some good stuff. I was hooked ever since I heard Sinnerman.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 08:22 am
sublime1 wrote:
Good soundtrack tunes JP.

I have been wanting to get the Desperado soundtrack for a while, is the rest as good?

As for a suggestion just keep doing what your doing, great job without me mucking it up.

Yeah the Desperado soundtrack is good. Lots of Los Lobos and one of my favorite songs ever Forever Night Shade Mary by the Latin Playboys... good stuff.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:10 am
My sister just sent me a cd by The Notwist. I have never heard of them before but they are pretty good, They are the Song of The Day. The title is Consequence

Bonus 1 is Knock me Down by Naked Raygun (one of my favorites)

Bonus 2 is a song I have used before but it just seemed to fit my mood today. No Children by The Mountain Goats

Enjoy.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
Song of the day is Symphony No. 3, Op. 36 I. Lento composed by Henryk Górecki performed by Zinman, David, Dawn Upshaw / London Sinfoniette

Bonus songs are Op. 36 II. Lento e Largo and Op. 36 III. Lento.

They are large files (24mb, 9mb, 16mb respectively) so if you are on dial-up you may want to skip todays songs.

Those of you on broadband... enjoy. This is one of my all time favorite albumns and absolutely beautiful songs.

It starts off very soft and very quite so if you don't hear anything at first be patient.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:57 am
I just played one of the old SOTD...Gin & Juice...by the Gourds...is that right?...who are they?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:32 am
Yeah... Gin & Juice by the Gourds. I took that song down though...where did you play it?

That is the only song I have by them so I am not to familiar with them, but that song cracks me up. They do have a website: http://www.thegourds.com/ which tells you a little bit more about them.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:54 am
I was sure it was by Hayseed Dixie, another great string band.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:54 am
Songs of the Day:
Spiders (Kidsmoke) - Wilco

Blueberry Hill - Louis Armstrong

Fool In The Rain - Zeppelin
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:08 pm
Songs of the Day:

Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondelles

Santa Monica by Everclear

The Magnificient Seven by Henry Mancini
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:13 am
I just got back the initial phase of my taxes from the accountant yesterday. In honor of this wonderful event I though I'd put up a couple Songs of the Day.

The first is Taxman by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Not the best version of the song but that is all I had.

While I abhor their politics, The Dead Kennedy's song Stars and Stripes of Corruption seemed like an appropriate fit today for the second song of the day.

Enjoy... or not.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:25 pm
Wow, I have not listened to the Dead Kennedys in forever. Your bringing me back to my skateboarding days. Wheres the 7seconds, KMFDM, Nitzerebb, Black Flag, and Pigface? Cool
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:09 am
I got some 7 Seconds and Black Flag... I'll never admit to ever owning any KMFDM though...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 12:41 pm
Song 1: Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show

Song 2: On the Shoulder by The Smoking Popes

Song 3: Who Knew by Matt Keating & Emily Spray
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:10 pm
I was wondering if you would ever revive this thread. Good stuff, nice to know that the Smoking Popes are known outside of Chicago.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:36 pm
sublime1 wrote:
nice to know that the Smoking Popes are known outside of Chicago.

Only sort of... I was born and raised in Dundee IL... about 2 miles from carpentersville which is where the Caterers were born and raised. They were one of the very first shows that I ever went to.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:42 pm
Right by 68 and 25, I'm in that area all the time. When I went away to college nobody knew about the Smoking Pope, Nayked Raygun, etc... I wasn't sure if it was regional or just different musical tastes.

Do you have any of the Wax Trax stuff from the 90's?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 08:08 pm
Back when they were Speed Stick or early Popes?

I have a couple of their first EPs, but most of the stuff can be found on their 1990-95 albumn (I think that is the name of it... I don't have my itunes library with me right now).
0 Replies