Unknown Disorder Resulting From Frequent Forum Use?!?

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:23 pm
I would just to start off by saying I have a problem. I have a chronic non-posting disorder. Does anyone else read a thread, and think they want to post something in it, start writing, and about half-way through just say 'screw it' and delete the whole thing. I do it all the time! Anybody else?

(p.s. I'm lucky I even got this one posted)
[size=7](p.p.s. I know the title is slightly misleading, but hey, it worked)[/size]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,921 • Replies: 51
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:26 pm
Lots of times. Lots of times.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:28 pm
Actually, you're very lucky. This is not really a "disorder," it's nature's way of assuring you that you have good judgement. The true sufferers are the ones who will post anything -- absoluetly anything -- just to run up their post count. They never give a second thought to what we, the readers of these posts, have to go through on their behalf, reading all that tripe. I probably have a mild case of this disease myself. But as long as I stay in complete denial, I'll be okay. Congratulations, Diamond. You seem to be one of the few sane ones here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:36 pm
I don't do it as often as I should, but I do it every day.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:45 pm
To hell with that crap Crazy Diamond. Just start hitting submit with out even thinking about it.

LIVE
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:49 pm
That's how you get posts like this...
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:07 pm
and this.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 06:17 am
Yeah.........Sometimes I will write something that I believe is perfectly brilliant. Then I look it over, and say to myself, "You've got to be kidding. What a bunch of crap." Then I blow it away, and go on to something else!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:40 am
As everything I write is brilliant,well thought out,relevant and exquisitively formulated I never fail to submit.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:49 am
spendius wrote:
As everything I write is brilliant,well thought out,relevant and exquisitively formulated I never fail to submit.
Laughing Laughing Laughing I have nothing but stunned, almost shocked disbelief at your utter lack of belief in yourself Spendius...really, such a low opinion of thy self cannot be good...or healthy Laughing Laughing

Sure wish I had that same disorder CrAzyDiamond has though..I post too often.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:53 am
Re: Unknown Disorder Resulting From Frequent Forum Use?!?
CrazyDiamond wrote:
I would just to start off by saying I have a problem. I have a chronic non-posting disorder. Does anyone else read a thread, and think they want to post something in it, start writing, and about half-way through just say 'screw it' and delete the whole thing. I do it all the time! Anybody else?

(p.s. I'm lucky I even got this one posted)
[size=7](p.p.s. I know the title is slightly misleading, but hey, it worked)[/size]

Sometimes, not often.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:51 pm
I never do that, every post I write gets submited and every thread i read gets a reply
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:51 pm
oops forgot to hit the back button instead of the submit button
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:54 pm
I rarely do that, but I suspect I should more often. Today I wrote a long message but it wouldn't post. After a moment of frustration, it occured to me that it was no great loss. Is that what you mean?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:55 pm
I never post anything, just to be safe I don't post anything twice.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:01 pm
Do symptoms of this unknown disorder include strange bumps on your weiner?

Just curious.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:02 pm
kindly disregard the post above, it is a figment of your imagination
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:04 pm
djjd62 wrote:
kindly disregard the post above, it is a figment of your imagination

this was meant to follow dys post
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:05 pm
That's alright. You can disregard my post, too. I didn't mean to actually submit it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:09 pm
Today was a sluggo a2k day, having to do with, I think, server problems.

I post things twice sometimes in my own idiosyncratic way, but I know what I do wrong (click Back) and fight myself against doing that.

As for temporizing re one's own posts, it is quite the useful technique ...

unfortunately, I think various threats from afar only incite my obnoxious instincts..

well, hey, quiet may be wiser, but aren't we here to talk?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unknown Disorder Resulting From Frequent Forum Use?!?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:56:30